• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

why chrome???

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok I thought kaw was the first. I ran Yamaha 1984 watercool with the boost valve. I'm still here. Lol
I purchased some of the boost bottle setups that were on the Husqvarna bikes. They modified them to fit. Some say they work, some say they didn’t. I think there’s a ratio between the cc’s and the volume of the boost bottle that needs to be figured out to function correctly.

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
I purchased some of the boost bottle setups that were on the Husqvarna bikes. They modified them to fit. Some say they work, some say they didn’t. I think there’s a ratio between the cc’s and the volume of the boost bottle that needs to be figured out to function correctly.
It's more about jet size on nitrous.

1hander

1hander

ArboristSite Operative
bmw had a problem with nikasil separating from cylinder walls and was replacing engines for sometime, i guess they figured it out, but i wont own a bmw these days ...they are pretty but time bombs waiting to go off in your wallet. last dependable car bmw made was the e39 and e54 series with M54 powerplant.. my old E39 5410i 6spd M/T has 218k miles on it , still gets 28-31 on the highway depending on your speed and burns absolutely no oil ..you could set the cruise at 130mph and sit there all day long. great old car. the corvettes engine just crapped the bed , charged the battery in the 540 sittin for 3 years..fired up after a few seconds and im driving it again..

i guess i never questioned why they use chrome, but i have seen unusable pistons come out of cylinders with little to no scarring.. thats scary hard stuff.. like said above, put another piston/rings in it and send it back to work.