Why did I buy it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... might have been an old 17.
Nope couldn't have been that either. I think someone was mistaken. I didn like my ms170 much when I first got it either. Now I really enjoy the size and weight. I have a lot of arthritis, bone spurs and back problems from years of heavy weight lifting and the 170 is easy to use. Just wish I had the easy start.

Hey guys. I’m a Cummins guy but thought I’d try a Chevy, so I bought a sweet Chevy Colorado! For some reason I can’t pull 20,000 lbs with it like my Cummins?!! WTF?!!! Chevys suck! So I tried a Ford Ranger next, and it also couldn’t pull a 20,000 lb trailer like my Ram!? So Fords suck too. I knew it all along! :nofunny:

I don't use the decomp on any of my saws, but I understand one day I'll be in a different place. Many of the pro saws have decomps and that can help a lot as well as the easy start feature if used correctly.
Heres a video of an 8yr old starting an ms201cm rear handle. Great saw for small limbing that feels much better in hand than a 170/180.
Shoes?

"MS170 is gutless, open port, built cheap, non adjustable carb, right on the bottom of any list. But it is light. Steve"

+2

That should be a "sticky".

Even so it would be at least 100 times better than it is if they would just put a decent carb on it with "L" and "H" screws......IMHO......Clif

My point was that he was comparing apples to oranges. Its like comparing a Stihl 461 to a Husqvarna 460 Rancher... that obviously proves that Stihl makes better saws, right?!!
Or how about a Dolmar 7900 to a Stihl 291? Yep, now all Stihls suck ass! The whole premise of this thread is just ridiculous...

Also, Ford Rangers suck. ;)
When I was into the little trucks I built a bunch of s10's with v-8's in them. Knowing what I learned in that time I would build a ranger(back then instead), the size of the small block fords is great since it's lighter than the small Chevys and the headers for the v-8 swaps are nice. But with all the turbo options out there these days I'd probably opt for a turbo 4 cylinder in either. The dodge was a much bigger truck weight wise, but that 3.9 was a durable little beast in stock form.

When I was into the little trucks I built a bunch of s10's with v-8's in them. Knowing what I learned in that time I would build a ranger(back then instead), the size of the small block fords is great since it's lighter than the small Chevys and the headers for the v-8 swaps are nice. But with all the turbo options out there these days I'd probably opt for a turbo 4 cylinder in either. The dodge was a much bigger truck weight wise, but that 3.9 was a durable little beast in stock form.
Ls-x FTW! :numberone:

Not a cheap way to go though! Doing an Ls-1 swap into my CJ-7, with an Nv-4500 and it has cost me a lot more $$ than I thought it would... but 350 hp/ 350 lb ft torque - should make all the effort (and money) worth it in the end.

Ls-x FTW! :numberone:

Not a cheap way to go though! Doing an Ls-1 swap into my CJ-7, with an Nv-4500 and it has cost me a lot more $$ than I thought it would... but 350 hp/ 350 lb ft torque - should make all the effort (and money) worth it in the end.
All wheel with a bunch of power sure is fun.
Dolmarvarna?
Nothing wrong with that is there, I like them both myself.
Since we've managed to get off topic on the trucks, I also like bikes, I'm getting closer to having everything I need to build one of these :laugh:.

Latest posts

Back