ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Why did I say that!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

Whats the dumbest thing you ever said to your wife and regretted it instantly? My stupidity was when we were in our fifties and going out to meet friends for dinner. It was one of those really hot and humid PA July days. Wife gets in the car and says "I am hot." My stupid reply, " You used to be." Very quiet ride.

old guy

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Whats the dumbest thing you ever said to your wife and regretted it instantly? My stupidity was when we were in our fifties and going out to meet friends for dinner. It was one of those really hot and humid PA July days. Wife gets in the car and says "I am hot." My stupid reply, " You used to be." Very quiet ride.
Yup, that was suicidal.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Sorry - long story, but you asked. My wife is a fantastic cook, and was a bit proud of the fact when we were first married.
During my bachelor party I was given a little pot pie that had been in the oven for a few hours too many, and was supposed to eat it and say, "That's wonderful, honey!" in a convincing manner - for practice, you see. It was all pretty funny.
I told my wife about the party and the things that happened, but she didn't find the cooking thing funny at all.
Well, sure enough she actually burned something one day, and I couldn't help laughing and saying "that's wonderful, honey!"
She got very mad!!

She has since toned down and is no longer so prideful about her cooking (which is still absolutely fantastic). She does manage to burn something about once every 3-4 years, but I sure as heck don't even look at her with a twinkle in my eye when that happens, just in case.

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

Sorry - long story, but you asked. My wife is a fantastic cook, and was a bit proud of the fact when we were first married.
During my bachelor party I was given a little pot pie that had been in the oven for a few hours too many, and was supposed to eat it and say, "That's wonderful, honey!" in a convincing manner - for practice, you see. It was all pretty funny.
I told my wife about the party and the things that happened, but she didn't find the cooking thing funny at all.
Well, sure enough she actually burned something one day, and I couldn't help laughing and saying "that's wonderful, honey!"
She got very mad!!

She has since toned down and is no longer so prideful about her cooking (which is still absolutely fantastic). She does manage to burn something about once every 3-4 years, but I sure as heck don't even look at her with a twinkle in my eye when that happens, just in case.
My wife thinks the smoke alarm is the oven timer.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
Uncle apparently you have found the key to life. For the rest of the world who are single well we just fumble along. I often prepare dinner for 30 to 300 and along the way errors have been made as you could imagine. I often tell my helpers if some of bloppers did not happen what would we have to laugh at. You probably could teach a class on how to relate to the opposite. After 45 years of being single it is not likely much will change. Thanks