Why I will never buy Stihl again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that make you obtuse, or circular?

That brings up a funny thing that happened to my FIL. He was at the doctor getting checked up. The doctor did his tests and was talking to him about his weight. The doctor told him that he was obese. FIL thought the doc said "a-beast" and he was mad at the doctor for days thinking he was insulted.
:greenchainsaw:

That brings up a funny thing that happened to my FIL. He was at the doctor getting checked up. The doctor did his tests and was talking to him about his weight. The doctor told him that he was obese. FIL thought the doc said "a-beast" and he was mad at the doctor for days thinking he was insulted.
:greenchainsaw:

I'm not sure if I'd rather be called obese or a beast. Probably a beast 'cause the truth always hurts more!!!! :jawdrop:

I will have to agree, The Stihl Shops In my area really suck!!!!!! Stihl needs to teach these guys some counter behavior. They stand and look at you like you dont know ####. I told my dealer about my saw leaking oil on the shop floor they had it for 7 days and I`m still not sure its fixed day 2 the repairman calls and askes how much I will take for my saw, A guy wants to buy it (the guy was him) because he didn`t wanna work on it so stihl needs to cull some dealers help.

Yeah, I crumbled and bought a 361 to replace the 290. I had to get back to work on these trees. At worst, the 290 is dead. At best, I have a new saw that is *supposed* to be the cat's ass and the possibility of a warranty repair or replacement on the 290.

Who knows. I will probably run the 361 on a tuesday which will void the warranty. Didn't you know that excessive tuesday running voids the warranty? Watch out for those tuesdays.

i got a similar run around with a 5 year old 029 super from my local dealers.
oh yea you straight gassed it! no the 044 was sipping the same gas! no warranty on the old turd 029super.

in the end the parts cost more than a new 290.

what i did was trade the junker for a new bar and chain for one of my 044's.

i was kind of shocked myself at AS members reactions--they were treating me like a greenhorn-straight gasser! STIHL must be some kind of god like machine in some peoples mind.

but what do i know? i have only been logging since 1977!

don't know what killed the 029. when it croaked it was acting like it had just ran out of gas. i think it was the carb but the entire bottom end was pretty well worn out. i pretty much avoid 029/290s from that point onward.

Carybush, don't know what part of Missouri your in, but there is an outstanding dealer in Monett, Missouri that has an excellent saw tech.
It's the coast to coast store, also a really good one in Neosho, Mo, Casey's road and race, it also has a really good saw tech. I've found that the Race brother's chain of farm stores have horrible saw service they are both husky and stihl dealers.

I think I may be partial ....

stihlsaws.jpg

Carybush, don't know what part of Missouri your in, but there is an outstanding dealer in Monett, Missouri that has an excellent saw tech.
It's the coast to coast store, also a really good one in Neosho, Mo, Casey's road and race, it also has a really good saw tech. I've found that the Race brother's chain of farm stores have horrible saw service they are both husky and stihl dealers.

More great saw shops, Lanagan Missouri, North side of town, Dan and Sally, great people. Hiwasee Arkansas, right in the middle of town. This shop still has Homelite, McCulloch, Clinton, and several other saw manufacturer signs hanging up outside the shop. My kinda of joint. Dolly runs the counter, I think that is her name, all the mechanics, notice I didn't say technicians are in their 60's and 70's. Don't say much, but when they talk pay attention.

:cheers:

Guys, the warranty on a product is there to get you to buy the product. The manufacturer has every intention of fighting every claim. They play detective to find the criminal customers, so they treat every customer like a criminal. Best thing to do is write a letter to Stihl customer relations.

Latest posts

Back