Why I will never buy Stihl again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, the warranty on a product is there to get you to buy the product. The manufacturer has every intention of fighting every claim. They play detective to find the criminal customers, so they treat every customer like a criminal. Best thing to do is write a letter to Stihl customer relations.

It's not only the Stihl dealers, I think most are very like minded, I have had the problem with Husky also. Customers relations ??? What customer relations ?

I had the pleasure of dealing with a local Stihl dealer and getting nowhere fast recently, I ended up having to call Stihl Australia and got much the same response even after a few email's and phone calls.
It was only after telling the service manager that legal action was proceeding that I got them to stop treating me like a d*ckhead and replace my Friday afternoon manufactured saw with a new one.
I will however continue to buy Stihl as it is the only saw that will stand up to the rigors of commercial firewood cutting, My saws can work 8 - 10 hours a day almost continuously, only stopping to refuel the saw. I run 660's & 880's with bars as short as 17".

It's not only the Stihl dealers, I think most are very like minded, I have had the problem with Husky also. Customers relations ??? What customer relations ?

I had the pleasure of dealing with a local Stihl dealer and getting nowhere fast recently, I ended up having to call Stihl Australia and got much the same response even after a few email's and phone calls.
It was only after telling the service manager that legal action was proceeding that I got them to stop treating me like a d*ckhead and replace my Friday afternoon manufactured saw with a new one.
I will however continue to buy Stihl as it is the only saw that will stand up to the rigors of commercial firewood cutting, My saws can work 8 - 10 hours a day almost continuously, only stopping to refuel the saw. I run 660's & 880's with bars as short as 17".

Why the harvester bar on the 880?

Back