why is face only 1/3?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he might take the hint and slink away quietly but oh no, time to double down on the B.S. Not to mention using using implausible voltage . If you’re going to tell a whopper you should at least get the proper associated facts and figures to back it up.

And no I am not going to dig up the records for you, but you still do not know how to take down good trees. Thanks

What I don’t understand Ted is the OP asked about 1/3 face cut and you went off on a tangent about back leaners? If you wanted to discuss that in full detail, then start your own thread.

I apologize about if I derailed ratios of how to fall trees. The post started trees that need to be dropped and why not just face cut and then back cut and let them go. Geometry always plays a roll as even perfectly level trees need guidance. Thanks

Man, I feel bad for the OP and the guy asking about falling trees. There’s a lot of knowledge to be gained here that’s undercut by a few people. Oh well.

I actually used the low back cut pushing a tree over with an excavator today. Haven’t really used it much before but I can confirm that it works and it’s way easier than going back to the shop to get a throw line and then either a winch Cat or a whole bunch of cable, and then rig the junk with clevises and the like.

Man, I feel bad for the OP and the guy asking about falling trees. There’s a lot of knowledge to be gained here that’s undercut by a few people. Oh well.

I actually used the low back cut pushing a tree over with an excavator today. Haven’t really used it much before but I can confirm that it works and it’s way easier than going back to the shop to get a throw line and then either a winch Cat or a whole bunch of cable, and then rig the junk with clevises and the like.
1-2 hours of dragging string vs track over stab bucket in, saw er up shove er over lol, 10-20 ,minutes travel times will vary lol

Matt, you are a contemporary, we will leave it to you, carry on.
Bob! I'm signing up to work with the Etna Police, they have a bright young sprout named Whitchurch, ring any bells?
Howdy Ron.
It is hard to guess who wants to learn and will listen. Then we have ''experts'' those who got away with a few things and are loud about it, just a matter of time before they get squashed like a bug.
Any thread with befuddled and philbert can be amusing.

Matt, you are a contemporary, we will leave it to you, carry on.
Bob! I'm signing up to work with the Etna Police, they have a bright young sprout named Whitchurch, ring any bells?
Howdy Ron.
It is hard to guess who wants to learn and will listen. Then we have ''experts'' those who got away with a few things and are loud about it, just a matter of time before they get squashed like a bug.
Any thread with befuddled and philbert can be amusing.
not sure muh feets are big enough...

Causing damage to a power line or failure to maintain it falls under 591 PC in California. PG&E faced all kinds of litigation because of that.

It is hard to guess who wants to learn and will listen. ... .

Hope all is well.

I struggle with the issue I quoted. Took me a while to realize that some posters just stir, some don’t care, some are hopelessly hard headed and some are simply overly lubricated at the time, or as Bob pointed out years back, some that are only seeking validation of what they have done or are going to do despite any advice they pretend to seek. Pretty discouraging trend when you want to learn or want to help someone. Right now I have a question about falling dead ash, which in the past I would have asked without hesitation but of late not so sure.

Going to go sit on a stump and watch for a while.

Ron

Took me a while to realize that some posters just stir, some don’t care, some are hopelessly hard headed and some are . . . only seeking validation of what they have done . . .
Some guys have a lot of experience, but don't express themselves well in these forums. Some guys also have experience with certain types of cutting, and can't understand how that does not apply to other situations. There are guys here whose comments I instinctively trust, and those I ignore. Guys who I don't necessarily agree with, but would cut with, given the opportunity, just to see what I could learn, or to understand them better.

Philbert

Hope all is well.

I struggle with the issue I quoted. Took me a while to realize that some posters just stir, some don’t care, some are hopelessly hard headed and some are simply overly lubricated at the time, or as Bob pointed out years back, some that are only seeking validation of what they have done or are going to do despite any advice they pretend to seek. Pretty discouraging trend when you want to learn or want to help someone. Right now I have a question about falling dead ash, which in the past I would have asked without hesitation but of late not so sure.

Going to go sit on a stump and watch for a while.

Ron

Stump sitting can be very therapeutic. There's still a few good people on here, they're just hard to find sometimes.
And, to go completely against the established procedure here, I can't answer your ash question 'cause I wouldn't know an ash tree if it ran up and bit me on the ankle. In other words, I don't know and I won't guess. There's enough guessing already.
Go with your gut. You're better at this than you think you are.

Latest posts

Back