Why no electric battery and cord saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John8254

Reaction score
I can't be the only one that would love a battery powered chainsaw with a cord. I want to fell a couple trees in the woods with a electric chainsaw using batterys. Then drag the trees back to the house and cut them up while plugged into a cord when the batterys are probably dead or dieing. Why cant I find anything like this? You could even charge the battery on the saw while it's plugged in if you wanted. Sure it might be a little bit heavier but it still wouldn't be as heavy as a gas chainsaw. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a electric battery powered saw out there that I can plug in when I run out of batterys or when cord power is available?

I bet someone makes one like that. Last summer I picked up a ryobi weedwhacker on the side of the road that was battery powered and had a plug, although the batteries could only charge on the charger.

I can't be the only one that would love a battery powered chainsaw with a cord. I want to fell a couple trees in the woods with a electric chainsaw using batterys. Then drag the trees back to the house and cut them up while plugged into a cord when the batterys are probably dead or dieing. Why cant I find anything like this? You could even charge the battery on the saw while it's plugged in if you wanted. Sure it might be a little bit heavier but it still wouldn't be as heavy as a gas chainsaw. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a electric battery powered saw out there that I can plug in when I run out of batterys or when cord power is available?

there are quite few battery powered saws on the market from home owner to professorial.. There is also electric saws with cord tho these are disappearing from sales as of late as the battery saws become better and cheaper

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/best-battery-powered-chainsaw-shootout/29018/

https://www.productreview.com.au/c/electric-chainsaws.html

I saw a ryobi 40volt chainsaw at home depot last week that had a 16in bar (no chain on it). I picked that thing up and it was heavier than a gas equivalent... the body seemed to be way more bulky also, probably to accommodate the ginormous battery.

Im sure the 40v provides better power with a longer run time for the tool itself, but the size and weight would make for quicker fatigue for the user. Especially for the person that isnt used to using a saw with any frequency. And since this is kind of product is more directed for homeowner use that just sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Why no electric battery and cord saws?

Battery is DC and cord is AC.

More things on the saw (AC2DC converter) = more size, weight and cost.

Back