• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Why no timber fallers on ax men anymore?

RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
Has anyone noticed how you never see a timber faller on the program any more?

Could be these possibilities:

-- lack of interest [hard to believe]
-- safety, liability issues [idiots falling trees on themselves and suing the producers]
-- manufactures not wanting their product displayed in this venue [again, hard to believe]

luvatenor

luvatenor

ArboristSite Member
Has anyone noticed how you never see a timber faller on the program any more?

Could be these possibilities:

-- lack of interest [hard to believe]
-- safety, liability issues [idiots falling trees on themselves and suing the producers]
-- manufactures not wanting their product displayed in this venue [again, hard to believe]
Actually, because te show no longer has anything to do with logging! Pathetic.

NIP Group
RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
maybe cuz showing timber killers might not be very politically correct
Ya would think that the Commies running these left wing cable shows would love the propaganda though.

Enviro-hypocrites love to stomp on responsible loggers all the while living in stick built homes and consuming wood products in mass. :confused:

roberte

roberte

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ya would think that the Commies running these left wing cable shows would love the propaganda though.

Enviro-hypocrites love to stomp on responsible loggers all the while living in stick built homes and consuming wood products in mass. :confused:
you would think, but its easier to show lowest common denominator cra...

Goose IBEW

Goose IBEW

ArboristSite Operative
The show has gotten off course so bad it isn't even funny. They are more worried about a pissing match than anything factual or educational. I'd love to see the model saws and specs on them as well as the fallers using them. I'd like to see an in depth look at a sky carriage as well, make, model, specs, who makes the engine..... They are more worried about filling one with gasoline to make a smoking mess than showing how it works. Shoot, I'd love to have an episode that shows off how the crummys are set up and what they carry around on a day to day basis.

roberte

roberte

Addicted to ArboristSite
The show has gotten off course so bad it isn't even funny. They are more worried about a pissing match than anything factual or educational. I'd love to see the model saws and specs on them as well as the fallers using them. I'd like to see an in depth look at a sky carriage as well, make, model, specs, who makes the engine..... They are more worried about filling one with gasoline to make a smoking mess than showing how it works. Shoot, I'd love to have an episode that shows off how the crummys are set up and what they carry around on a day to day basis.
but they dont give a fig about what we would like to see.

RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
Drama sells on these shows whether real or manufactured. Demonstrating technique with experienced fallers isn't dramatic enough unless someone 'almost' gets killed. We in the industry would love to see more woods-modded pro-saws but would the average city dwelling consumer?

Probably not. That's the market like it or not.

Goose IBEW

Goose IBEW

ArboristSite Operative
Its got nothing to do with logging anymore....
Loved to watch old Jay browning fall.... THAT was good stuff...
Jay Browning is the man, talent and experience was beyond compare. The episodes with him falling timber were awesome. I also have respect for him taking a permanently disabled worker and putting him in the repair shop to fix saws. That shows character and compassion to me.

luvatenor

luvatenor

ArboristSite Member
Jay Browning is the man, talent and experience was beyond compare. The episodes with him falling timber were awesome. I also have respect for him taking a permanently disabled worker and putting him in the repair shop to fix saws. That shows character and compassion to me.
Forget about Browning-he has been replaced by a bare foot, spitting cajon -'Oh Man' -very sad that this show no longer has anything to do with logging.-I am willing to bet that real hard working pros like Browning, Pihl, ect. feel embarrassment with the way this show has gone!

RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
I think that's why Mr Browning no longer participates could well be he saw the way it was going first hand (I mean the show) and got out......I guess other reasons too
This quote by Jay Browning says it all...

“I had to make a choice about whether I wanted to be a professional logging company or to basically stomp my integrity into the ground,” Browning said.

“The one thing that I don’t like to see is that the show has taken on a whole different direction of guys fighting and arguing and all of this screaming and yelling, all of this cussing, to me makes us look like we’re a bunch of Neanderthals.

“It makes it look like this profession has never evolved since Day 1. Things change all the time in this industry as far as equipment and efficiency and safety.
And logging companies like me, I’ve been in this business for 30 years, we should have 10, 15 fatalities. We don’t have a one.

“We do have a guy who lost a leg, but we’re pretty proud that we don’t have any fatalities. And sometimes I feel that the camera crews or the production people are just waiting for someone to get killed. There always wanting more and more out of us. And we just want to show people some of the interesting jobs we log. Because they’re jobs most people won’t take.

“This show set us back 50 years.”

--- Jay Browning

RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
The AX MEN producers wont like this...

My husband is the "stud greenhorn" from Big Gun that has been edited and voiced over to be some kind of maniac. This show is as fake as any sitcom.

My husband was not fired, but quit. Ryan, the other greenhorn, did not stay at a camp site but shared a motel with us.

My husband quit after 6 days of filming and was hired by a reputable logging company that would never be caught dead working with this show.

The company was created SOLELY for this show. No company wold get hired or stay open for more than 5 minutes if the problems that happen on every episode actually happened.

Yes, lines snap and people get hurt, but everything that happens on this show is created by the producer, at least at Big Gun. The producer was Arem and nearly got the entire thing shut down by creating such dangerous events.....

--- Amy Giorgi
Astoria, OR

RUSHNBOBO

RUSHNBOBO

ArboristSite Lurker
Guess you no like the producers then .......think we all realize that the show is like all reality shows .....somewhat set up
I don't like TV shows which portray something to be true [without disclaimer] which aint.

I don't like Oscar winning movies like ARGO which was touted by AFFFleck and Hollyweird as being "real" .... ummmm 75% of the movie NEVER happened, period.

NO- Republican guard chasing anyone at the airport
NO- Republican guard questioning anyone at the airport
NO one ever said they wished not to take part in the faux movie
NO- Near riot at the open market [they never went there]
NO movie script saved anyone [they never needed it]
NO last second , barely made it, anything

The entire event was entirely un-eventful

Put a disclaimer on the show and all is good. Until then they can and should be exposed. This forum is public, more than just loggers read this.

What you are watching is a 'depiction of a real logging operation' some [most] of the events were scripted for entertainment purposes.

I would still watch it. It's as funny as H e ll

If enough people speak the truth America wouldn't be as stupid as it is.

roberte

roberte

Addicted to ArboristSite
The AX MEN producers wont like this...

My husband is the "stud greenhorn" from Big Gun that has been edited and voiced over to be some kind of maniac. This show is as fake as any sitcom.

My husband was not fired, but quit. Ryan, the other greenhorn, did not stay at a camp site but shared a motel with us.

My husband quit after 6 days of filming and was hired by a reputable logging company that would never be caught dead working with this show.

The company was created SOLELY for this show. No company wold get hired or stay open for more than 5 minutes if the problems that happen on every episode actually happened.

Yes, lines snap and people get hurt, but everything that happens on this show is created by the producer, at least at Big Gun. The producer was Arem and nearly got the entire thing shut down by creating such dangerous events.....

--- Amy Giorgi
Astoria, OR
all this may be true, however someone signed a release to appear. And if anyone appearingon the show doesnt know that they might be set up in one fashion or another is lying to themselves