WI/MN/IA GTG March 13th 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Gtg just got rebumped again. Its been since October, but it is being used for plans for the next one.

Anybody ever thought about a webcam at the GTG? May get kind of boring, but for those that werent able to make it, they could still enjoy it live.

Our Gtg just got rebumped again. Its been since October, but it is being used for plans for the next one.

Anybody ever thought about a webcam at the GTG? May get kind of boring, but for those that werent able to make it, they could still enjoy it live.

We talked about it then decded it was a bad idea to be live.

Could turn into some sort of reality show and then we would have to go on the talk show circuit,maybe end up on Oprah:jawdrop:

I think any AS bunch being on a talk show would most likely be on Jerry Springer!

BTW the saw print was my 271 Olympik

Delivery was Made!

I took the dumptruck to work today. Then after work I continued on up to Denny's.
He was real thankful and grateful for the help that we all have been doing for Interfaith Caregivers.
Sounds like he would be interested in helping cut on the 17th of April also if that is what works out.

SpringGTG2010017.jpg

SpringGTG2010019-1.jpg

What are you doing over here posting something interesting. I thought everybody was over on the joat/thall thread losing their mind. :)

The good thing about that thread is that I was interested in that saw. Looks like it might be for sale again

thor,
on the msp craigslist there is a 066 in Hastings for $450,

I sold the fella the saw, it's a pretty decent old 066 flat top, nice case, tank etc. It's got a new aftermarket P&C from Baileys (on when I got it, not running). I pulled a few things apart on it and gave it a clean bill of health The fella bought the 36" bar from me and all the spare parts with it, not long agoe (January 2010). With the wrap handle, original handle, 36" bar, new chain and a pretty decent used chain, it's a pretty decent deal for $450, even if it has the aftermarket P&C. He must have painted the case and recoil and diddled with it a bit.

I bought the saw from someone who had just put the new piston and cylinder on it, and had problems getting it running, it wouldn't rev up. Choke was stuck and the fella had no clue. It was a 1 minute fix and a little clean up. I pulled the muffler off just to check things out and it was just perfect. I'm not the biggest fan of the aftermarket P&C but it's not that tough to round up a nice OEM one.

I can't wait to zip tie the throttle open on a running Poulan Wild Thing and then blast it with the 50, a good API (armor piercing incinderary) round should give a good flash and lite the gas tank when vaporized:chainsawguy:

thor,
on the msp craigslist there is a 066 in Hastings for $450,

I sold the fella the saw, it's a pretty decent old 066 flat top, nice case, tank etc. It's got a new aftermarket P&C from Baileys (on when I got it, not running). I pulled a few things apart on it and gave it a clean bill of health The fella bought the 36" bar from me and all the spare parts with it, not long agoe (January 2010). With the wrap handle, original handle, 36" bar, new chain and a pretty decent used chain, it's a pretty decent deal for $450, even if it has the aftermarket P&C. He must have painted the case and recoil and diddled with it a bit.

I bought the saw from someone who had just put the new piston and cylinder on it, and had problems getting it running, it wouldn't rev up. Choke was stuck and the fella had no clue. It was a 1 minute fix and a little clean up. I pulled the muffler off just to check things out and it was just perfect. I'm not the biggest fan of the aftermarket P&C but it's not that tough to round up a nice OEM one.

Ill check it out. Brad and I are already talking on the one he did. See if I can get a free porting.

I can't wait to zip tie the throttle open on a running Poulan Wild Thing and then blast it with the 50, a good API (armor piercing incinderary) round should give a good flash and lite the gas tank when vaporized:chainsawguy:

hmm could this be something for a high speed camera?

:jawdrop::cry:

Yes, a high speed camera is needed. The poulan might not offer enough resistance for a flash and bang. The zip tie, however, will insure its destruction.

attachment.php
I really liked the name tags that grampatractor had for us.I don't know if anyone mentioned the name tags and I don't think I have seen a pic of them so here.And I would like to thank the guy that helped me swap chains on my 371.

Latest posts

Back