Wife thinks I've overdone it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I casually mentioned to wife that I would like to build a small shed in our back yard.
I had about a cord of wood stacked there so I decided to just build over the stack and go from there.
My original intent was about 12 x 15 or something close to that.
I'm currently at 22 x 30 and think I'm going to add another 8 x 30 on this side
I've ended up with a good shed ,plus a 12 x 14 storage room and a place to put my pickup in the dry.
IMG_20190903_163554305.jpg IMG_20190903_163609750.jpg
Wifeys words are
"I though you said a small shed "

Load you are way way over thinking this issue. How would I know about these things since I have been single for ever. Overdone or not it does not matter. You and your wife have to negotiate your terms and her terms. You can do any thing you want and disregard any of her opinions, but would your relationship suffer beyond repair. In a thoughtful way you need to present your opinion that life would be a great deal more pleasant if when you clean out her car or pickup in the winter and rain doing in the garage would be so much easier. Thanks

Also, how do you like that little Ryobi chop saw? I need one soon and have been happy with my other Ryobi tools.
I have the Chop saw,A Table saw and a 20 Volt cordless skil saw.The Ryobis have more than stood up to the task for my usage.
The shed is small. The carport looks about right for a pickup.

Thats basically what my paln was,I have another Building (30 x40) in lower part of my yard .I just needed(wanted) something closer to house .

Ted,,,once the wife realized that she gets our entire two car attached garage for her car and her stuff she has realized she likes my way of thinking

“Small” is all based on perspective. It’s still small compared to an airplane hanger. So yes it’s a small shed.

Howz bout 120X 80?

IMG_E6780[1].jpg

Free span steel & about 48ft peek to floor, sadly it's a horse riding arena and my wood is stored outside in rows or split piles.
1023161607b.jpg

IMG_2301.JPG

If that size of shed is more than what you need for wood storage ..? ... Perfect !! Cause you'll be surprised how fast you can fill it.

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!

Latest posts

Back