ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Wife wants a chainsaw...

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by jimdeere, Apr 18, 2019.

1. lefturnfreek

lefturnfreek Sharpen the chain, chuck chips ...repeat...

Such a derail....

4seasons likes this.
  2. Trapper_Pete

Trapper_Pete ArboristSite Operative

as a guy who taught his wife to drive manual transmission car , yes she loves it after the fact , but if there was a driving school that taught that it might have been a wise investment.

maybe send her to a saw safety class attend with her then let her pick what ever she wants with in the must have a servicing dealer near by.

as for guns absolutely what ever they like only thing is I would pick a standard caliber so that your not buying an oddball cartridge. go to a range that rents and handle and shoot all she can.

if your wife wanted you dead they don't need a gun , and this is the 21st century they would just divorce you and avoid prison time and probably take you for 10 years maintenance payments also.

olyman likes this.
  3. gunny100

gunny100 ArboristSite Guru

buy her a good one maby she would cut all the firewood for you

al-k likes this.
  4. DSW

DSW ArboristSite Guru

That's never made sense to me.

Cutting on the ground is infinitely easier than in a tree.

Multifaceted and Husky Man like this.
  5. Husky Man

Husky Man Addicted to ArboristSite

I agree, I don't understand the disdain for Top Handles, use the same COMMON SENSE, that you Should be using with ANY Chainsaw, and you shouldn't have any troubles.

Top Handles are a Useful Tool, just understand HOW to Use that Tool, even on the ground there are times when a Top Handle is the better choice. It's just a matter of knowing your tools, their capabilities and Limitations, and the work that you are doing, then picking the Right Tool for the Job, sometimes that will be a Top Handle.

Doug :cheers:

al-k, Marine5068, kevin j and 2 others like this.
  6. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

I really like my 261m with a 20'' bar. Nice and light and very easy to start and has plenty of power. It's a very light pro quality saw that has become my go to saw for anything up to 24'' logs.

al-k, Marine5068 and kevin j like this.
  7. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

Every thread does not need to degrade into a Second Amendment or Political thread guys. There are special forums for that. Thanks.

Philbert

Husky Man likes this.
  8. TonyK

TonyK Addicted to ArboristSite Staff Member

Politics are only allowed in the Politics section of the forum. Please start or find a thread over there for this. Don't be surprised if the very clearly political comments disappear.

al-k, Husky Man and Philbert like this.
  9. tnflatbed

tnflatbed ArboristSite Operative

My wife wanted a .22 pistol for her birthday one year. We went to the gun store and I was showing her the rugers and buckmarks and such, she wasn't having it. She asked me and the sales guy what about the beretta neos in the case, my first response was it looked kinda of goofy. You know what pistol she ended up choosing? to this day she would refer to it as her goofy gun and that was probably 10 years ago. Bobby Kirbos hit the nail on the head.

10. sundance

sundance ArboristSite Guru

Reckon I've been suitably chastised. Point taken, I'll try to behave going forward.

Husky Man, Philbert and TonyK like this.