Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I missed it in previous discussions but what is the steel insert for that is in the exhaust port? Is it necessary?

Thanks,
Tom

appears to be a heat shield to reduce heat into the port walls. I asked same question before and several said ok to run without it. plenty of room to work when that is out.

Cool, thanks all.

Plan is to build a pipe and see how that hopefully improves performance. Maybe even send it to someone to run at a GTG.

Don't know why these Newbies think they gotta be all cute with their location. It's not like somebody's going to come and take advantage of them in the night, well at least now that Blobo's not here any more.

Don't know why these Newbies think they gotta be all cute with their location. It's not like somebody's going to come and take advantage of them in the night, well at least now that Blobo's not here any more.

You mean no one is gonna take advantage of me tonight???

How depressing. I thought I was in for a ride on this fine evening. :(

I figured I'd knock the dust off this thread. Anybody still messing with the Wild Things? I made up a pipe for mine. I ended up with a 20% gain. In the video it's 10.5" wood, I'm running a stock chain.

inrut1974

inrut1974

inrut1974

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid887.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac72%2Finrut1974%2FMVI_3255.mp4">

:msp_scared::D:msp_scared:

Wha wha wha whaaaat??? Man I would love to have the know how to build one of those just to keep in the trunk and when I see someone cutting up some wood around the area say "I got a Poulan Wild thing that'll smoke that saw.". And actually have the saw to back it up lol. That is if the darn thing would start. I don't think I've ever seen one that would start before coming here. Every time I've seen one pulled out, it got thrown back into the tool shed with the comment "I don't have time for that POS." and off to the hardware store for a new saw they went.

:msp_scared::D:msp_scared:

Wha wha wha whaaaat??? Man I would love to have the know how to build one of those just to keep in the trunk and when I see someone cutting up some wood around the area say "I got a Poulan Wild thing that'll smoke that saw.". And actually have the saw to back it up lol. That is if the darn thing would start. I don't think I've ever seen one that would start before coming here. Every time I've seen one pulled out, it got thrown back into the tool shed with the comment "I don't have time for that POS." and off to the hardware store for a new saw they went.

They are what they are, better than most think, especially for the money. Fact is the kind of people that normally buy a WT have zero experience running a saw, and have no idea how to maintain one. Hell to most it's perfectly acceptable to leave fuel in it for two years, and expect it to start like it did two years ago.

Last edited:
They are what they are, better than most think, especially for the money. Fact is the kind of people that normally buy a WT have zero experience running a saw, or how to maintain one. Hell to most it's perfectly acceptable to leave fuel in it for two years, and expect it to start like it did two years ago.

As long as its faster-strike that, easier than an ax, they keep cutting. No matter how much dirt or concrete they've hit. And it should run like it did when new, when it was set at the utter leanest it could be and not shell itself out at the factory. Not to mention its never been adjusted after the two tanks of "mixed" fuel thats run through it. And it should run, on the first two or three pulls, switch on or off, choke on or off.

Yeah, they're junk. Not a capable saw at all.

just wanted to bump this to the main page again, I LOVE seeing what some of you guys can do with a WildThing. Pipes and pop-ups:msp_w00t:

found it!

Man, taking vacation has got me behind the 8 ball with you guys!

I still have not got a saw yet. I did remember that I do have this one.
attachment.php

This 2500 should work right? With its very minor muffler mod it outruns a 025 already (I know, not saying much) but I think I can find a little more in it if I get the time to tear into it.

I still want to find a purple and green one though.

hahah i found it!!!! nice lil saw is this it?

Back