Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

Ok, so I did a little bit of work on this 2500 and it seems ok, can I play now?

Hope this video works. 16" bar with a out of the box WP chain cutting some dry maple. I cut the pin oak above also and it cut just about as fast.

<embed src="http://img43.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Ppoulan25002" width="352" height="284" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>

What size wood will we be cutting? I think I have some 12" and 14" bars to mess with instead of this 16".

i thought i found the video!!!

Not sure what the point was? It's a pretty old thread. The 2500 is not a Wild Thing, it's a different design - basically a Jonsered 2040.

Not sure what the point was? It's a pretty old thread. The 2500 is not a Wild Thing, it's a different design - basically a Jonsered 2040.

The point was to see what they could do if one was inclined to "warm" them up a bit. Take a throw away saw, in many's opinion, and get something, or all you could out of it. Most of the pictures here will be two years old in Aug.

As for it being a Jonserud design, no, its the other way around. Jonserud is a only a color of Husqvarna, and the cheaper j-reds and husky's are a copy of Poulans, upgraded with better filters and antivibe in many cases.

The point was to see what they could do if one was inclined to "warm" them up a bit. Take a throw away saw, in many's opinion, and get something, or all you could out of it. Most of the pictures here will be two years old in Aug.

As for it being a Jonserud design, no, its the other way around. Jonserud is a only a color of Husqvarna, and the cheaper j-reds and husky's are a copy of Poulans, upgraded with better filters and antivibe in many cases.
Oh, I got all that as I've read this thread before, I just didn't know what specifically was intended by these latest posts. My point was only that the 2500 is a different family of saw from the WT. Different cylinder (similar to the 141/142) and case design - the Jonsered 2040 is basically identical to the 2500 (the plastic on the recoil and the cover are different), and pretty similar to my later Poulan 2775. I have both families of saws they're not the same - I like the 2500 type a bit better.

sorry

sorry i was digging around as i just recently got a 2600 which is pretty much the same as the 2500... that mark had in the one video so i was looking through and enjoying the posts and the clips etc.... was not trying to dig up old threads .. i was curious to see how good a 2600 in that case a 2500 could be tweaked out!!! in the process seeing cool pics and posts i cant help my self and comment on them....;) even if they are old!thats why i was digging around just to check it out and to gain knowledge about older poulans thats all...so i spent about an hour checking it out till i found the video he spoke of... cause i wanted to see one that was balls to the wall so to speak!!!!

Last edited:
[video=youtube;JKB9znIZanA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKB9znIZanA&feature=context&context=C3a99e62ADOEgsToPDskKMNZ_m9gCVcWVb9wsD12nz[/video]

Not a wild thing, but just a tad smaller displacement. The 2050 I think it is?

Still havent modified the carb. But its soon to come.
Think I might have to dive back into it and take out alittle more.

[video=youtube;JKB9znIZanA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKB9znIZanA&feature=context&context=C3a99e62ADOEgsToPDskKMNZ_m9gCVcWVb9wsD12nz[/video]

Not a wild thing, but just a tad smaller displacement. The 2050 I think it is?

Still havent modified the carb. But its soon to come.
Think I might have to dive back into it and take out alittle more.

Since about 05 there are no smaller displacement saws-they are all 42cc, and if you look at the emissions decal on the saw if its there, its very clear that is the case.

Bringing up old threads is fine, especially when you add new material.

Since about 05 there are no smaller displacement saws-they are all 42cc, and if you look at the emissions decal on the saw if its there, its very clear that is the case.

Bringing up old threads is fine, especially when you add new material.

All the decals were taken off when i got the saw lol.
Hows then C5s doing?

I love this thread and the idea of hotrodding a WildThing. Count me in!

How about a turbo'd wildthing?

Wanted: Wildthing 2375 in good condition. PM me if you have one and are willing to part..

Seen a blown one at Grandpatractors GTG. Arrowheads had nothing to be scared off, though it was interesting, and may have been stronger than some or most. Hard to turbo a non-valved engine.

Test Cut.mp4 - YouTube

Poulan 2150, Ported, Homemade,(ratty looking) pipe. Adapted a clutch drum from a Pioneer P20,(3/8x7tooth). It is wearing a 16 inch bar and carlton3/8lp, semi-chisel chain. Carb is a WT-215.

I had the chain too slacked, and it derails coming out of the last cut......at least i know the chain catcher works..lol

Latest posts

Back