Windowed and non windowed pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ok searched it but only one topic came up. It’s windowed piston vs. non windowed piston in open port and non open port cylinders. Which combination is the best.? Do we want the most pressure that’s created in the crankcase to maximum charge the transfer ports?

Sorry searched again many posts came up.

I don’t really know enough to comment but from what I’ve seen, open window pistons are a thing of the past. There must be a reason, maybe too much resistance versus ports on the side?

Lots of reading came up. I’m a book worm now. I want to know everything. We have some awesome gurus here now and in the past. I can’t get into degree anything till I know about the beginning from which we came there are no shortcuts.

My question is how many saws do you own and how many are ported, built?

My bucket list which is getting close is to build a saw or two so the kids can see what we speed with, and one more 1,000 hp drag race car. There’s no feeling like a hole shot feeling those slicks bite around 15’ drawing my body into the seat feeling the g forces. And seeing how fast the 1/4 mile goes by. It’s a rush like speed cutting saws when I finish that last number 8 cut in 17.5 seconds. What a rush for a newbie like me racing against cutters with a lifetime of experience. I have the utmost respect for them. For how hard they work.

Back