Windsor Speed tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I would like some feedback on these bars. The knucklehead that was supposed to send me an Oregon Pro Bar sent me one of these instead (28"). Do they have a good rep? It feels very strong and heavy. Thanks

Howdy,

Windsor is now owned by Blount, who also owns Oregon. Windsor's plant is in Tenn. Oregon's is in Canada.

The bars are roughly equivalent, though some differences exist, and some logger's will believe in only Oregon, or only Windsor. For years Windsor was the best, but now I would claim Oregon's top of the line bars as equivalent, or perhaps even slightly better.

The best bars have the teeth on the sprocket wheel thinned as they come out to the tips. The groove must be tight enough that the next gauge chain will not go in at all. Ideally, this means called gauge plus .001 to plus .003. Groove width is the life determining factor number one in a long bar.

Regards,
Walt Galer

Hi Huskyman, here's an 026 with a discontinued 16"Winsor bar.
Although I cant vouch for its durability as of yet, I really like the small tip. This bar was U.S. made.
Walt, when are you going to start selling used saws on Ebay?
I know it would be the Royal Road to riches for you as you already have a good feedback rating in the chainsaw world.
John

hey huskyman - werent you paying around $70 for that bar - you need to return it - oregon powermatch and windsor speedtips run around $40 for 28" bar

No I got a better deal than that, but I could have gotten one from Madsens cheaper. I wont buy from him again, though. Walt I put a new chain in it and it feels real snug. I think it will be a good bar, but never tried one before.

Back