Winter '18/'19 - 100* Club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
Well I guess the time has come to see who gets to join this year. It's currently a balmy -17*F outside and 78*F in so I'm only at the 95* mark now. Just loaded the stove and heading to bed so maybe in the AM temps will be cooler out. If I don't make it this round then next week for sure with forecast lows of -30*F.

Lets hear it boys, who gets to join the elite this season

All quite extreme (for someone close to sea).
Especially how warm it is inside. You must have quite some isolation, or your couch is on fire.
I wouldn't mind some pictures.
I'm missing the rockies climate.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

We have a few extreme fire tenders at our hunting camp. While the bulk of us were out in the mid-teens on stand, a pair of the more experienced (80+ year olds) let the stove rage the cabin into a dry heat sauna. I think this was technically only a 91 or 92° Δ - but that is pretty good for an uninsulated clapboard cabin built in the 40's.

IMG_4592.JPG

This is very dependent on the location of your stove in relation to your thermostat or thermometer. My woodstove is in the basement, and the floor above is typically anywhere from 70F-75F. Above that and I'd start opening windows or let the stove go out. In the basement near the stove is likely 85F-90F degrees at times. I don't have a thermometer down there.

The coldest I can recall I being here is -20F without the windchill factor. That means the inside would have to be 80 degrees. No thanks. Way too hot.

Out of curiosity, how far is the thermometer or thermostat from the stove for you guys in the club. If I measured within 15'-20' of the stove I would easily make it in the club.

20 degrees outside, 65 inside.

:)

We hit zero or a few under last week but it won't get worse than that before spring comes.

getting close

-14 outside and 77 in the living room where the stove is 92 working off the wall temp opposite the stove 15 feet away remember 0 is a real integer . -14 , 0 , +77 =92

only 70 in the dining room

it would be cheating to use the measurement of the wall the stove was on that was 100

This is very dependent on the location of your stove in relation to your thermostat or thermometer. My woodstove is in the basement, and the floor above is typically anywhere from 70F-75F. Above that and I'd start opening windows or let the stove go out. In the basement near the stove is likely 85F-90F degrees at times. I don't have a thermometer down there.

The coldest I can recall I being here is -20F without the windchill factor. That means the inside would have to be 80 degrees. No thanks. Way too hot.

Out of curiosity, how far is the thermometer or thermostat from the stove for you guys in the club. If I measured within 15'-20' of the stove I would easily make it in the club.

Mine would be 50-60 yards and the other side of the house ... far enough .. ?? Ya we go by mean temperture of the house and raw temp outside, no wind chill, real feel ...

A fellow manitoban, beautiful weather we are having this winter eh? Isnt hard to join the 100° club here.

Yup ... warmer in the deep freezer the last while, great fun!! Last Sat/Sun was too cold for me to go out but tonight after work at a balmy -5F I went and cut more quad trail and gathered up trashy wood to burn.

IMG_4612.JPG

Just to confirm for the south of 50's we have officially frozen over hell, here's my forecast in C

IMG_4717[1].PNG

Keep warm how ever ya can guy's & girls but mostly ... Keep On ... Runnin' Loads !!

Well I guess the time has come to see who gets to join this year. It's currently a balmy -17*F outside and 78*F in so I'm only at the 95* mark now. Just loaded the stove and heading to bed so maybe in the AM temps will be cooler out. If I don't make it this round then next week for sure with forecast lows of -30*F.

Lets hear it boys, who gets to join the elite this season
i was just thinking of this thread yesterday when i heard we may see the coldests temps in a decade this coming week. i love the cold for cutting and doesn't bother me to much unless it is really windy. you guys in frozen hell take care.

I'm guessing I hung in there most of the night too. -31c (-24f) here over night too. Loaded the main floor stove 830pm last night and when I went down to load it now 1015am was still 74°. But it's a blaze king so I'm kind of cheating :p

Latest posts

Back