Wisconsin Saw Builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afivecents

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 026 that I would like to get a little more power out of. I have read the postings regarding the muffler mods. I will be doing those, but I would like to go ahead with internal mods as well. The reason for my asking, is that would like to keep the weight down and get a saw that cuts better. Who would be someone to contact in Wisconsin to do the work? Thank you.

Thank you. It's always nice to have a saw that has a little more power. I will do some searching tomorrow.

A ported 50cc saw like an 026 is a great thing to have in your lineup. Light weight but enough power that you don't need to find a bigger saw as soon as the wood gets over 10".

Where are you in WI?

Looks like you're about an hour and a half from Scott's place. Same as me, but the opposite direction. He's in the other saw forum pretty often. Here's a screen shot of his signature line which includes his number. A phone call is pretty much the only way to get a hold of the guy. Screenshot_20181021-194843.png

Thank you. I have never modified a two stroke before, so I would rather let those that know do the work. It seems a bit ironic that I am unsure of what to do for mods, but I just got done rebuilding a Caterpillar diesel in my Peterbilt!

Latest posts

Back