Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS660 top after 6 tanks of Amoco Ultimate mixed with Stihl Ultra:

attachment.php

MS660 top after 6 tanks of Amoco Ultimate mixed with Stihl Ultra:

You do know you are supposed to fill the tank and then run the saw right? Not just fill the tank up and then pour it out again.:greenchainsaw:

Mr. HE:cool:

What bothers me is the negative attitudes, and down right nastiness of some members here. So it was a bad idea. Fine. I screwed up. But a few of you, and you know who you are, are more interested in taking someone down. And when he's down, you just want to keep kicking. I could suggest some of your motives, but I won't do that. It would just give you trolls more ammunition, like you need any help.

Others have stated their opinion, no less in favor, but have done so in a prefessional amiable way. Those are the men I want to emulate. Why don't you bullies take a few lessons? It would do you good. It would do AS good. Honestly, we don't need you here if that's the kind of attitudes you're going to have.

Have I not been here long enough and made enough contributions to the site for you guys to realize my intentions? Yeah, sometimes my enthusiasm clouds my judgement, and I've paid for it, just like I'm paying now. But the mistakes are honest. Some of you act like I've tried to devise some devious plan, intent on screwing over my fellow AS friends. $50 each for a handfull of saws? Yeah, that'll really make me rich:( Puuuuulease!

My only goal in this thread was to give some fit and finish reviews of said new pistons, and give the end user the opportunity to provide Baileys with appropriate feedback. If you choose not to believe that, then you simply prove my point. You're the kind that has no reguard for the truth and only celebrates when someone else makes a mistake.

Brad,

This is intended only as an observation. There has been a few threads in the last week or two that you have been as negative/dismissive to newer members, as you claim others are being to you.

Why? Because someone posted a thread on a topic that had been covered before. Someone posted an unconventionally worded (to put it nicely) thread trying to understand terms. There are others, but those two will do.

I've commented more than once in the last few weeks about the incivility around here has reached an all time high. We're not talking about Gary or a few other crusty old types, were it's just there style...People being out right rude.

You've been around here for sometime. Done some amazing builds/threads that others, including me, have no doubt learned a great deal from. You've freely given of the knowledge you've gained (as many others have), but your style of posting has obviously changed quite a bit..

Perhaps a bit of self reflection as to where you came from and where you are trying to get to.

Would hate to see you become that which you despise.

Think of some of the past posters who answered our silly questions, for the tenth time, with every bit of detail and civility as they had the first time...

Just my simple thoughts.

Paul, this was a dead thread and the unpleasantness was gone if not forgotten. Thanks for the bump. :dizzy: There's a reason for the PM system.

Ian

Brad,

This is intended only as an observation. There has been a few threads in the last week or two that you have been as negative/dismissive to newer members, as you claim others are being to you.

Why? Because someone posted a thread on a topic that had been covered before. Someone posted an unconventionally worded (to put it nicely) thread trying to understand terms. There are others, but those two will do.

I've commented more than once in the last few weeks about the incivility around here has reached an all time high. We're not talking about Gary or a few other crusty old types, were it's just there style...People being out right rude.

You've been around here for sometime. Done some amazing builds/threads that others, including me, have no doubt learned a great deal from. You've freely given of the knowledge you've gained (as many others have), but your style of posting has obviously changed quite a bit..

Perhaps a bit of self reflection as to where you came from and where you are trying to get to.

Would hate to see you become that which you despise.

Think of some of the past posters who answered our silly questions, for the tenth time, with every bit of detail and civility as they had the first time...

Just my simple thoughts.

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

Reading in the back ground for a couple years and just joining the site this winter. I have read a lot and that is what I do.
I have to agree with Paul. :cheers:
Some are pretty rude now days to the new guys. I just would say they have become full of themselves and think they are above. :dizzy:

Paul, this was a dead thread and the unpleasantness was gone if not forgotten. Thanks for the bump. :dizzy: There's a reason for the PM system.

Ian

My apology. I hadn't bothered to look at dates as I was reading through. For some reason it showed up this morning in my watched list, no clue as to how or why as I hadn't read it, in what I now see, was a thread that is over a month old.

Sorry for being so sloppy.

As for PM's I've never been one who sees a reason for having private conversations when the subject addresses an entire group.

Non-the-less the message with regards to civility is fresh and addresses an issue that has been occurring here over the last few weeks.

Stihl 066 Mahle cylinder fresh off of production saw:
attachment.php

Same cylinder after bead blast:
attachment.php

I used a piece of 2" bar stock with masking tape wrapped around it and inserted in the bore for protection.

I missed the media type you used Sir. Very Nice after picture :clap:

What will be of interest is a follow up and tear down of a couple of these saws to see how these combinations faired under real working conditions..

(I wish all the politcal crap could be stripped out of this thread and leave only the technical goodies)

Back