Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many other model stihls have you seen that have a slot in the gas and oil cap for a screwdriver? Eventhough they have a slot for a screwdriver it doesn't mean you have to tighten or loosen them with one.

The POS 009I used at work you had to tighten both with a screwdriver or they would leak their respective fluids. The hand knurls on them made it tough to tighten the caps by hand. The design of the saw was clumsy and blocky, and the kill switch kept getting clogged up with dust and crap so that it wouldn't move, I kept having to choke it to kill it. Yeah, I have to choke some of my other old saws to kill them, but at least they cut.

The POS 009I used at work you had to tighten both with a screwdriver or they would leak their respective fluids. The hand knurls on them made it tough to tighten the caps by hand. The design of the saw was clumsy and blocky, and the kill switch kept getting clogged up with dust and crap so that it wouldn't move, I kept having to choke it to kill it. Yeah, I have to choke some of my other old saws to kill them, but at least they cut.
Ok sounds like a poorly maintained saw...a couple of new rubber rings on the caps would have solved the leaking problem. A little cleaning would have solved the switch problem....every saw will turn into a POS unless you maintain it.

Even if it was brand new and I had been taking care of it it would not be a nice saw, I just hated the feel of it, it was tiring to use for a 14" saw. My husky has a lot better feel to it and a lot more power.

Yeah your husky is a lot bigger saw than the 009L and going to be a lot more awkward since its a limbing saw.

Sawitall.... is this what you are trying to say?

attachment.php

Exactly :cheers:

Latest posts

Back