Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you hate both saws so much, package them up, ill pay for the boxes and shipping, and send them to me, someone who could actually fix them and put them to use :rolleyes:

I figured the "smash an 084" would get a rise out of somebody...:cheers: :cheers:

Assuming you're talking about the AV.. welcome to the new world of lower vibration!

Yes, I am. They need to talk to Husky/Jonsered about mounting. Stihl's idea of flimsy and smooth doesn't settle well with me.

Edit: They already did talk to Husky--take a close look at the 441.

Last edited:
That's a long way to go to just flip the summer/winter flippey thingeys. I have found that on some Stihl saws they run like crap in cold weather when the flippey thingey is set to summer mode. I dunno where you are, USA is pretty broad. Here the saws tend to ice up at about 38 degrees.

One positive I see about you is your young. Hopefully in about 5 years you can look at these posts and say "wow was I dumb and childish back then". It has nothing to do with bashing stihl...its just that your opinions/reviews/conclusions are about 180 degrees off others that have reviewed, owned or currently own the same item. According to you 044's, 066's, 026's, 280's aren't respectable saws, but I'm not sure if I've heard hardly anyone that has felt the same way.

According to you the guy that brings in his "young" 5 year old commercial 044's/066's shouldn't be having problems. If those saws are indeed used commercially everyday...they should have been junked a long time ago. Most dealers that I talk to you that sell timber saws say that the average lifespan is about one year irregardless of manufacturer.

Well played. :cheers:

Douche.jpg
[/IMG]

It has nothing to do with bashing stihl...its just that your opinions/reviews/conclusions are about 180 degrees off others that have reviewed, owned or currently own the same item. .

Ah..but unless he play's that "odd-ball" card, who would notice him?:jawdrop:

Clipped post there... amusing new avatar. Frasier's brother Niles after a week in Vegas?

Yeah, the filename was "douche" which caused it to get clipped...I had to rename the file...not easy

The EARL avatar is the one I use at all other forums Im a member of, I change it with the Holidays...one has a pilgrim hat, a santa hat, next to a playboy bunny for Easter, Greet hat for St. Patricks...

Guy at the Vette forum made the "summers eve" .gif...:cheers:

Yes, I am. They need to talk to Husky/Jonsered about mounting. Stihl's idea of flimsy and smooth doesn't settle well with me.

Edit: They already did talk to Husky--take a close look at the 441.
Then compare the 441 av, its better than any husky, I dont need to tell you why , you figure it out.

The title said "Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...," and it was about one single saw.

Here I figured it was going to be about EVERY STIHL EVER MADE!!!

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I used to kind of respect red for his pull-on avatar and pathetic lineup. But he has proven to me that he is a bona fide idiot. I doubt my opinion will ever change about that. He is obviously so ashamed that he has been supporting the wrong brand and has to try to rectify himself for it. So sad...

I used to kind of respect red for his pull-on avatar and pathetic lineup. But he has proven to me that he is a bona fide idiot. I doubt my opinion will ever change about that. He is obviously so ashamed that he has been supporting the wrong brand and has to try to rectify himself for it. So sad...

Nah, I still like Poulan, Echo, and Husky more than Stihl...

Lakeside53 said:
They can't be all bad... Apart from one MS270 run on straight gas (cylinder survived), we've never had a 270/280 back for service..... ever...

Same here, we've sold an even dozen of the 280, four of which to a local mill for use in their laminate plant, and the only one that's come back was run over by a forklift. They've been in service going on two years.

Back