WM CBN sharpening Ripper37's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anybody else run into this situation? This is the first time sharpening Ripper37's 7º. Brand new blades, first time sharpening them. So I don't know if its the batch of blades or something else.

I've tried and tried to tune in the wheel but can't get it to take a little bit off each tooth. Best I can do is start with a bit heavy on the face of the first, barely nick the face of the next tooth, and heavy on the back of the third. Then the pattern repeats itself.

The sharpener itself, its setup seems ok. I can pop on a wheel for another type blade and degree, like a 4º, 10º, 9º or 13º. No issues, easy peasy. But put the wheel back on for the Ripper37 7º and problem as shown. I even tried putting on a WM 7º wheel, same problem.

The wheel I am using for the Ripper37 7º I had custom made. Thinking it might be the problem, I used it on a WM 7º blade and no problem. So I think its the Ripper37 blade itself, that batch might not have been made right.

Thoughts?

Back