Women arborists

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
Treeman14,
I was looking at your website and noticed your wife was an arborist too. Its very interesting. Not that she's a women arborist, but that I am guessing you met her in the industry???? Is she a climber also? That's great, I could never work with my wife. It would be trouble. I did meet my wife fixing her sprinkler though. She called me 9 months later. Its a longer story than that but still interesting. How did this all work out for you? Anyone else have the wife working for them? OOPS, I mean do any of you work for your wives?:laugh:

I met my future wife in 1994 when her husband spontaneously cut down 50 largetooth aspen (with a McColloch miniMac - uggh!) in the front yard. He then stopped for a thought and a scratch, and wondered what to do. Then Heather came home. It apparently was an exciting few minutes.

Anyway, I got a call of 5:30 for whistle over with my chipper and get rid of the rubble. Check.

Then I got the job to completely landscape the new cutover, er, front lawn. One week job.

Then poor Keith died suddenly the next February.

Then I showed up on the phone long distance from BC

Then I moved back to NB, to admire my really nice front lawn :D

Then we got married, honeymooned in New England area,

Then we got in the family way,:confused:

and Today, we are now in hour # 8 of contractions with our first. I can spend some time here because I am not at work today and Heather is resting until the contractions get close enuf to go to the hospital.

Actually, we went to high school together in New Jersey. Then, she moved to Tampa, FL to go to college (USF). We met by chance while she was visiting the folks back home in NJ after she finished college. I came to Florida to visit her a few weeks later, then about once a month or so til I ran out of money and decided to move. We got married in 1985 and I was fired from my climbing job the day we got back from our honeymoon. That's when I started on my own. Suzanne started working with me several months later. Yes, she did climb a little, but now she does most of the sales work and takes care of our 3 kids. Our most reliable employee, Darlene, has been working in the field with me for 9 years. She doesn't climb any more since she injured her leg in a serious auto accident about two years ago. But she drags brush and chips non-stop. Anyway, Suzanne and I don't really work together with her doing sales and me doing the actual jobs. Its worked out great for us. I could never run this business on my own. She does sales, office management, finances. I just climb da trees. I guess I've rambled on enough for now. Like John said, there's more than that, but you're probably bored by now.

Back