ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Won't be beat on chains

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Wanted to get a 100' loop of chain, Checked Baileys first. After all, they advertise here and say they "Won't be beat on chains."

Well, every other place I looked beat them by a very hefty margin.

Thanks for advertising here, but you really need to be more competitive with your products.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wanted to get a 100' loop of chain, Checked Baileys first. After all, they advertise here and say they "Won't be beat on chains."

Well, every other place I looked beat them by a very hefty margin.

Thanks for advertising here, but you really need to be more competitive with your products.

Email them. If you want.

See if they will beat the price.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

I ordered chain from another place 3 weeks ago. Chain still hasn’t shipped!
Maybe Baileys isn’t so bad after all.

And then I went to buy some ripping chain from Baileys, but I can’t check out because I have the wrong password. Of course, when I try and reset, I never get the email, and I can’t open a new account because my email address is ‘already in use!’
Dang it, Baileys!!

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
After the data breach Bailey's had a couple years ago we decided to not use them anymore.
An order before that they sent us .750 straps with .404 harvester presets (or maybe vice versa) when I needed .404 stuff. Wouldn't think it was a huge deal to return the wrong stuff they sent, but they turned it into a huge headache.

I had my debit card used to buy a plane ticket and groceries in England, about $1800.

Was only from this site that I found out about the data breach. We had an active commercial account with them too. When I contacted them about it, they almost passed the buck that it was somehow our fault.
Why they even were saving credit card info is beyond me. I do internet sales and I have no card info that is kept. It's transmitted securely at the instant of the sale and that's it.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

No luck at Stahls. I couldn't find any ripping chain, but I emailed them about it. It's not a well-designed website.

Dang, I can't find anyone that sells ripping chain in bulk rolls except Baileys.

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
How about Madsens?

I ordered from there once....told them what I wanted, he didn't want part numbers...'Just tell me what ya want, I know this inventory like the back of my hand'.

Once I was done, he goes, 'Is that all you need?' I said, yup, and he goes ' We'll send that out to ya' and hung up. No price, no shipping price or expected ship date, nothing. It eventually showed up with the wrong axe handles, and shipping cost was crazy. But because you can only order by phone....there was no real way for me to comparison shop. Nice guy, but I'm guessing they deal with businesses most of the time that don't really care what the cost is, just bill them.

I ended up using all the stuff, but I won't be ordering from them again. Wesspur is my favorite for gear but they don't have everything like axe handles and such. I get my axe handles locally now.

Skeans

Skeans

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ordered from there once....told them what I wanted, he didn't want part numbers...'Just tell me what ya want, I know this inventory like the back of my hand'.

Once I was done, he goes, 'Is that all you need?' I said, yup, and he goes ' We'll send that out to ya' and hung up. No price, no shipping price or expected ship date, nothing. It eventually showed up with the wrong axe handles, and shipping cost was crazy. But because you can only order by phone....there was no real way for me to comparison shop. Nice guy, but I'm guessing they deal with businesses most of the time that don't really care what the cost is, just bill them.

I ended up using all the stuff, but I won't be ordering from them again. Wesspur is my favorite for gear but they don't have everything like axe handles and such. I get my axe handles locally now.

They do have a location and did you look up their catalog online? It’s one of the few shops I’ve been in over the years and have only seen a homeowner in there once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
They do have a location and did you look up their catalog online? It’s one of the few shops I’ve been in over the years and have only seen a homeowner in there once.

Looked up catalog online.

Not really a 'homeowner', but also not a professional. They have good stuff, but their ordering system is a bit too old school for me. I think if you could go to their location, it would be great. Ordering from Wisconsin, it was not great. But maybe that's the way they like it.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

I managed to get through with Baileys using a different email, but I don't like to use that one for online ordering. Now I'll probably get more junk email.

The Carlton on Ebay looked good, but I only wanted a 50' roll, and Ebay didn't have that.

I did hear back from Stahls, and they wanted crazy high price for a roll, and didn't bother telling me what brand it was. Baileys had it in stock and it's on the way now.

shortfuze82

shortfuze82

ArboristSite Guru
No luck at Stahls. I couldn't find any ripping chain, but I emailed them about it. It's not a well-designed website.

Dang, I can't find anyone that sells ripping chain in bulk rolls except Baileys.
From what I’ve heard that STAHLS place isnt much better with repair work as well , seems to be just another run of the mill place run by a bunch of noodle heads who discovered they could make a larger profit margin by reaching a broader range of customers by using internet, seems this is all the worlds coming to these days...... salesman an parts changers just trying to move enough product to retain their dealer pricing status

rancher2

rancher2

ArboristSite Guru

Six years ago next month we were on vacation out that way and made a 100 mile detour to stop a Madsen's. I have never seen that many Stihl chain saws in one store. I went in there to buy a 660 and ended up with a 461 I love the saw and I sure enjoyed the half day I spent in there store. Its a place to stop if you ever get out that way. I have bought things from them since over the phone. Nice and smart folks at that place.

Skeans

Skeans

Addicted to ArboristSite
Six years ago next month we were on vacation out that way and made a 100 mile detour to stop a Madsen's. I have never seen that many Stihl chain saws in one store. I went in there to buy a 660 and ended up with a 461 I love the saw and I sure enjoyed the half day I spent in there store. Its a place to stop if you ever get out that way. I have bought things from them since over the phone. Nice and smart folks at that place.

Sam and the guys are great there that’s for sure, it’s one of the few places that has both Stihl and Husqvarna on the same shelf. Do you remember the dodge in the center of clothes with the wood stove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk