wood chip burner anybody??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Krause

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
does anybody know of an outdoor furnece that burns wood chips? load with a skid steer? i know they make them for large facilities for heat and electricity.

I don't know of any commercial burners off the top of my head, but it isn't terribly difficult to build such a burner. Do a google search for wood gasifier. There is also a yahoo group dedicated to gasification and several on there have built burners for that purpose.

eshland boilers make sawdust burners, I hate the one we have but it works well. I want an "add on kit" for an OWB.

I have an empyre owb I burn wood chips in it .
empyre has a good set up it has tubes that run along the fire box walls that induce air in to the fire box and it works fine for burning chips . I mainly burn the chips in the spring and fall when it is not extreamly cold out

I have an empyre owb I burn wood chips in it .
empyre has a good set up it has tubes that run along the fire box walls that induce air in to the fire box and it works fine for burning chips . I mainly burn the chips in the spring and fall when it is not extreamly cold out
Since the County yard waste facility is close I have wondered about burning chips. They keep wood waste and grass and leaves seprate. I was thinking of a grate like you discribe that would allow air into the heap of chips so they wont matt over like they do in a brush ppile and not burn. I am in your town now and then, just past it to a big machine shop on old rt 20 but the name just escaped me, old age. I think National Fab and Machine?

Latest posts

Back