Wood Chipper Identification help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gymsbyjo

Reaction score
A7E35AC8-F061-4D9F-A150-BE171DE28C9D.jpeg 9CFB47AF-7C68-46A7-AA90-9436338ACE1A.jpeg BFDEEA25-339A-42FA-92BC-CE9F30632A35.jpeg F3244CE8-2014-4843-A6C7-974AEB0FE234.jpeg I just bought this wood chipper but don’t know the name or model. Any help would be appreciated. 25hp? Engine make?

There have been a couple of those come up on Craigslist near me and I have considered buying one, but one was rough I wasn't sure about parts or cost...worried about the clutch, mainly. I think gravely bought them out, not sure who owns them now. Gabdon industries is the name sticking out in my memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I bought it. Runs like a top. Dogs down with bigger stuff. I put a 6" maple branch in it just to see what it would do. it took it but by the time it got to the end the drum was barely turning. I wouldn't normally chip anything that big anyways. Seems like a waste of wood. It also came with a set of new knives which I put on it first. I think it would have quit with dull ones on it. I'm totally happy with the machine though. Very simple design. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a bigger engine though.

Cool! I want one at least that big, if not bigger. If I have enough firewood, I'm more after the chips for chicken and livestock bedding, then on to my orchard ground.

I saw one just like yours, same engine and all, for $700 on Craigslist, but it was rough. Later, I saw a very nice looking one with a 20Hp kohler. The seller wanted $2k for it. I think I am going to end up getting one that runs on my tractor or an old chuck and duck.

I gave $1200 for that one. It came with a set of knives on it and a brand new set in the box. The guy was about a little over 100 miles away and he delivered it for that price. So I'm happy. I've used it quite a bit with no issues. It's nice because it's small. Easy to pull through the woods. The only real pain is the shoot doesn't pivot. I'm going to have to do a little operating on it to get it to shoot out the side.
It's a very solid and simple machine.

Not bad...I have seen one on YouTube that someone installed a harbor freight v-twin engine on one. Looked to run strong, don't know for how long. I would love to have one but I had forgotten about that chute...I remembered thinking that would work great on the back of a pickup truck but yeah, it would be nice to be able to swing around. Seems odd on a flywheel style machine. All the old drum chippers are like that.

I really like the promark 310. I think it's pretty much the same chipper as the 210, but it had a bigger 2 cyl kohler engine, hydraulic feed, and the whole thing swiveled so you could feed brush from either side as well as direct the chips where you want them. Some of them even had their own dump box on the back. The whole rig was mounted a 16 foot trailer chassis.

Latest posts

Back