Wood conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the splitter hydraulics going to drive the conveyor?
Nope i have a separate 5.5 hp motor,pump and tank that will be set up like a power pack to run it.

Is a direct drive set up like you are using on the hyd motor going to go too fast? I've been watching some parts on Ebay that look interesting to drive a conveyor or even self propel the whole splitter.

Yes, it hauls tail when i connect it to the 22 GPM on the bobcat I'm thinking of ordering a flow valve for it.Of course when i connect it to the 11 gpm pump it could possibly run as desired.

Dan? Those ross motors seem kinda pricy you should be able to pick up a rotor stator on ebay for less than 100.00 I got the one on the conveyor for about 60.00 delivered.

New Conveyor

I bought a longer conveyor off ebay yesterday that is 24" wide and 30' long.
I'll probably replace the original one with it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

My dad bought a old hay elevator last year to load dump trucks with block wood. He rigged up a Briggs motor to power it. Its adjustable with a crank to get it to the height you want and you can push it around on the ground pretty easy. Saves a lot of throwing way up over the box of the truck. Thats the only way to fly he says. He wonders how he ever did it before. I am going over there this morning maybe I can get a pic for ya.

Okay ended up having to run the conveyor with sprockets and a chain it was just to fast and not enough torque direct drive off the hydraulic motor. I went with a 12 tooth sprocket on the motor and a 24 on the drive roll and used #40 chain.Works great atleast its not throwing the wood 25' of the end of the conveyor now! I also put quick connects on the valve on the chevette splitter to run the conveyor. I arranged the connectors to run the conveyor on the detent of the valve. Hey i had to find a use for my chevette splitter!
attachment.php

Good Lord DDM, the trees will be shaking in their roots when ya get that all lined out! Good looking setup!

I'm almost finished making the upgrades on the other splitter so i can put it all in action.

Back