wood delivered today pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoosterBoy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hay guys i ordered 6 cords of trees here are the pictures dose it look like 6 cords to you?:greenchainsaw:

thanks
Jason

well, don't know how much wood is there, but, a neighbor down the road buys his wood in logs, and he got what looks to me to be about half of what you have there, for about half the money.

so, i reckon ya didn't go too wrong. this old guy ain't known for throwin' money away........

i reckon it's got to be face chords.........

but, it looks like really good stuff, and that's half the battle.

and i'm not sure, but i'm thinkin' prices for wood in Connecticut are a bit more than here in Ohio, where we're cuttin' down every living thing in sight.

a major thourghfare and numerous exchanges are happening here, and there's so much wood. i mean, fellas, you'd have to see it to believe it.

i've run out of places to put it.

the houses are all boarded up, and they're dropping grand ol' stands of trees everywhere.

I thought a "face cord" was four feet high by eight feet wide of whatever length the wood is cut to, be it 16" or 48". So, by that definition, since those look to be an average of 8' or so (maybe longer), by the definition of face cord, it would probably be about one face cord of 8' wood, and another face cord of the shorter blocks in the first photo.

Actual cords? Probaby 3 - 4, since a cord is 4' x 4' x 8' (128 cubic feet). I would think, though, that a cord of whole logs would, after being split, stack up tighter, so the total cord volume would be even less after splitting.

i did a real measurement of it and give it allot of room for error :bang: i measured 3 feet high and some is 4 feet but on average 3 feet by 15 by 22

so that's 990cft just over 7 full cords i'm hoping but i think there's 8 cords there

maybe the pictures don't show it as well i really want to learn the wood types so i know what I'm cutting i think there's maple and oak in there. ;-)

thanks guys
Jason

you should get 9 cord to a tractor trailer, $80 us percord, the grey wood on the bottom of the pile looks like beech, which in my opinion is better firewood than maple, if you have any oak i like to give it two years to dry instead of one for other species

Maybe 4 cords. Beech will be good in a year or so for burning. Good luck splitting it by hand.

Looks like some beech, a little maple, some ash, and a bit of oak.

hi dave it's for my own use I'm never selling firewood. as far as splitting i gave my friend a few day help with his tree stuff so he is going to let me use is splitter for a few days so i don't have to swing the maul.:cheers:

thanks
Jason

musher said:
Actual cords? Probaby 3 - 4, since a cord is 4' x 4' x 8' (128 cubic feet). I would think, though, that a cord of whole logs would, after being split, stack up tighter, so the total cord volume would be even less after splitting.

Althouigh it is counterintuitive, split wood will stack into a bigger pile than the rounds it came out of. A ball park figure is that a given pile of rounds will grow about 10% after splitting/stacking. True the holes in the pile will be smaller but there will be a lot more of them. You just can't stack wood into a small volume than the round it came from.

To prove it, take a carrot, slice it, arrange many as you can fit in say a box top in the round. Then take them out, split in halves or quarters and try to place them back in.

Harry K

That's all you cut so far???? You are really nursing this job, aren't you?:hmm3grin2orange:

I recognize oak, ash and maple in your pile. That looks like 6-7 face cords there. It looks about what I did last month and it stacked up to slightly over 6 face cords.

Looks like you have a lot of fun coming up, but hurry it up man!!!!:chainsaw:

hay jpp this is my second day second day cutting. here is what i got done so far.

if it was not for my bar sprocket jamming on me every now and then id be more productive my chain saw is old. i have a carb kit on the way so it should start better.

here you go i think i will have 6 full cords when it's all cut. what do you think? i know pictures is hard to tell but that pile is tightly stacked right now

thanks
Jason

Latest posts

Back