wood furnace humidifier

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an aprilaire model 600 humidifier on the hot air Plenum and it is wired to run with the other furnace...does anybody know where the two wires go on the wood stove to make this work with my wood furnace?? thanx, DW:popcorn:

you should have a solenoid valve under your aprilaire unit.

that is wired to your humidistat. where is your humidity controller located?

the humidifier is hooked to my geo thermal unit...i need to know where to wire the two power wires to the wood furnace...it works fine but only with the other unit...see pic

the humidifier is hooked to my geo thermal unit...i need to know where to wire the two power wires to the wood furnace...it works fine but only with the other unit...see pic

I don't think I can answer your question. All I know is my Aprilaire has a sensor tied into the blower fan which when the fan kicks on the sensor activates the solenoid to release the water into it. What your asking I think is different than what I have. Basically it is only dependant on the blower motor and not on the furnace itself as I run a wood boiler into the plenum also. I'm sure I have my manual if you think that would help. I could scan it and send it to you.

your humidifier is powered by the 24 volt transformer in your main furnace. when the furnace turns on, it powers up the humidifier.

in order to have it work with your wood burning unit, you would have to wire it to a 24 volt transformer in your wood burning unit. however, you can't have it hooked up to two of them. it has to be one or the other or risk burning one out or even the water solenoid under the humidifier.

i don't know how you set up is, but when you use the wood burner, does it power anything up in your main unit? or, does it have its own blower?

Last edited:
Back