Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early 99's (7.3) do have fender badges saying V8 Powerstroke. By mid 99 on they moved it on the doors, the larger diesel badge on the door as people are more familiar with. All gas superduty's with V8's and V10's had fender badges through the years. Good luck! I love my 7.3's I have 3 of them!

SR, nice looking trailer. Looks to be well thought out. Ron

Thanks Ron,

I built the trailer, using all new steel and 6,000 pound axles. I specified 8 bolt pattern so I could use HD 16" Chevy wheels, as I have quite a few of them.

It's been a good trailer for me, I've pulled it a lot of miles...

Thanks guys,

SR

Here's another "wood hauler" that I have,

standard.jpg

It's a Cummins powered W350...

SR

That dodge is wondering when you're going to put a load behind it. Nice truck. I had a 93. They are great you just need a football field to turn those things around.

Here is my latest rig. I posted the truck prior to the great crash so I am sure it's pics are gone. It's a 1994 Chevy K2500 with a 6BT Cummins and an NV4500 tranny.

My brother and I got the trailer and CTL last fall to do work out at the farm and a few side jobs as they come. He's an arborist and ends up doing side jobs from time to time. It's hauled a fair amount of firewood last season (we do most of our cutting in Dec-Feb because my farmer buddies have more free time then). The trailer is a Big Tex 14OD gooseneck. I needed the tall deck to get the CTL on. The New Holland CTL's of that era are wide ~84" and it's a squeeze to put them on a low deck trailer. If I had one complaint it would be that they needed to put some sort of latch on the bed to keep it down when loading equipment with ramps. Currently it will raise the bed until it is inline with the ramps when loading the CTL (10K lbs will do that) and then you have to go slow to get the bed to go down easy (which is a relative term).

I have gotten about 2 cord on it in a shot which is all I really want to haul at a time anyway. Being able to dump the bed is nice even when you are stacking out of it. Just raise the bed until it wants to slide back to the tail gate and pull out of the back. The sides are short so with the bed tipped its at a pretty good height in the back.
20140323_183908.jpg

A chevy and a cummins! Good combo! I like the dump trailer too! I'm only just a little jealous!

I guess this qualifys as a hauler. BTW, if this is one of y'alls, you SUCK!
10463987_10152639933599050_3351961054869783531_n.jpg

Those little Manitou telehandlers are AWESOME!!!!!!! A fantastic little machine with great capabilities.

The neighbor has a little JCB telehandler that size and it is a lot of fun and does a lot.

I needed some 2x4's, so I headed to my woodlot and skidded out two 24" wind damaged white pines,

standard.jpg

Then off to the mill I go, to turn them into construction lumber!

SR

Latest posts

Back