Wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a chance to haul some wet heavy wood to the wood shed. The Powerwagon hauls a decent load.
5d1dc1182e77ba74940cec31bb3588d8.jpg
9d48ad01f6d8638a7c9c20ed01e3faee.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d love to have one of those. Now I’m figuring how I can make one out of and old riding lawn mower.
I was wondering how I could make something to move mulch and wood around that wouldn't tear up the yard, and had this brain storm. I mounted a Tractor supply dump wagon on my Snapper pro walk behind. I've seen walk behinds with bad mower decks, but good running engines sell for a couple hundred bucks at auctions. It is way fast and has a velke to stand on. My wife and I spread 11 yards of mulch in her mom's very hilly yard in 5 hours.
S903rMG.jpg

I do make a mess. I put trash into the red basket under the splitter. I find that if I split in the driveway, it is easy to sweep up on the paved surface. You can see some of my covered wood storage behind the noodled blocks on the table. I have had my PowerWagon over 20 years and use it all the time.

I always wanted a DR Power Wagon but could never afford one. I've seen a few of the old Georgia Buggy's at sales, but they are heavy. They looked like your power wagon on steroids. They were made to haul concrete around construction sites. I got lucky and found my walk behind when it was 4 years old with only 400 hours on it, for $900. When that little plastic dump bolted right on it I was pleased.

I try to split most of my wood on the court in front of my house because it's easy to clean up. I've got 4 cord stacked on it now. I've been doing it for the best part of 30 years and nobody has complained yet. But, they may be scared to complain, the flow of wood might stop.

Back