Wood haulers??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyolred

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What are you guys using to haul your wood?
I will start it off. For now I am using my 1997 Dodge RAM 1500 ext cab 4x4. I am looking for a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck, but that is what I have right now. Let me know what you guys are using.

Thanks
Rusty

Have done most of my firewood cutting on my own land and right now I use an S-10 4X4 and a beatup 4X8 trailer that get into small places.I got a homemade boat trailer from my wifes uncle that I will turn into a wood trailer this winter.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Right now I am using a 1989 Dodge W250. I just put the snow plow on it yesterday, so the next time I go in the woods I will have to drop it off.

64convertible004.jpg

I also use a 5' x 10' trailer and have used my '62 Studebaker E-13 1 ton 4x4 in the past. The neat thing about the Stude is that the center section of the side rack is a gate that swings out allowing for easy loading.

halloween005-1.jpg

For hauling logs, I use my '84 International 1600.

08 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel with a 5 X 10 utility trailer. I also have a couple of other trailers, but I love this beat-up little trailer so it is what I use the most. You can see in the pic that even a short load of green oak squatted the truck pretty good. I just got air bags so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

attachment.php

Nice trucks there. I really like the W350 funky sawman has. I've just got an 09 F 250 with 6.4 stroke.

I'm looking and can't find any at all of it. I had some somewhere, they must be on my laptop I guess.

You know I have seen your truck. I can vouch its a nice, but I know the other guys want to see it, and its fun to razz ya a little. :cheers:

I've had 2 93 dodges and they were the most reliable trucks I owned. I haven't modded the 6.4 yet. it gets 14-16 mpg. I would like to sell it and get back into a dodge with a manual tranny. I don't think I'm going to mod the 6.4. Some people I work with got a 6.7 ford and he seemed to like it pretty good. He got t-boned going to work in a 10 model 6.4 with 14k miles on it.

Latest posts

Back