Wood haulers??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the size, weight, and milage of a deuce over a 5 ton but the steering and 53" tires that are on a 5 ton sure seem nice. I would really like to adapt power steering to the deuce and have locking doors and a keyed or locking starter switch. These improvement would make the truck a nice daily driver & grocery getter.
Plus you have to have a CDL to drive a 5 ton on the road.
Mine doesn't have 53s, I put 14:00x20"s on HEMTT wheels on it.
53's rob them of too much power, the 14s are just right for what I do.

I would be fine with either provided I had a tractor or conveyor to load the darn things with and a hoist on the bed to unload it. They're a lot of fun (I'd love to have one just because) but loading and un-loading manually wouldn't be a lot of fun.

Of course a Gamma Goat would also be VERY handy getting wood out of the draws and creeks on the ranches and farms that I usually haunt among other uses it would have.

Of course a Gamma Goat would also be VERY handy getting wood out of the draws and creeks on the ranches and farms that I usually haunt among other uses it would have.

I was always of the opinion that Gamma Goats made better targets than vehicles. Sure - when they weren't in for service, the idea of the GG was cool, but I only ever heard stories of how much time they spent in the shop, at least until the Army sold them to the Marines.

Had a 90 ford f350 dually flatbed 2wd 351 5 speed. Wasn't very good on anything other than pavement. Traded it for an 84 f250 4x4 with 351 and auto. Made a flatbed for it, does so much better off road.

20150917_190549.jpg 20150917_190608.jpgGot another chevy about a month ago. 98 1500 w/t 4.3 Had a blow over pine at one of are rentals and didn't wanna unload my concrete tools out of the other truck. Other then missing my v8 going up hills it dose fine as a wood hauler.

20140707_123941.jpg
Well, it's not hauling wood in this pic, but this is my Hauler with a load of Brome hay squares for my horses... The front is about to get fixed. I bought it like hat as the previous owner had backed his combine into it on accident... 7.3PSD - 4x4, ZF-6spd. I like it.

Back