Wood jackpot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the small arsenal ready all sharpened. Going to cut tomorrow morning. Hopefully get two full loads . Need to run two more tanks thru the 395 before I mill on friday saw is heavy for bucking and falling but it's so niceView attachment 772579

They aren’t too bad for bucking and falling, is that a 32 or 36 on there? I’ve always liked a 36 to a 42 on them that’s where they balance nice for falling timber, quick tip to make your life easier packing a big saw throw it up on your shoulder to pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you have a gold mine of wood. Nice! Hopefully not to far of a haul to your place. My dad has some property in Putnam county that I went to one time. Had a 2500hd and a dump trailer both filled to the gills trying to make the drive worth while. I also once hauled a load back from the cabin, just cause I figured “why go home empty handed”. Good luck and be safe

Looks like you have a gold mine of wood. Nice! Hopefully not to far of a haul to your place. My dad has some property in Putnam county that I went to one time. Had a 2500hd and a dump trailer both filled to the gills trying to make the drive worth while. I also once hauled a load back from the cabin, just cause I figured “why go home empty handed”. Good luck and be safe
Property is in orange county. Not to far I can make two trips a day

I think wood chips for fill would be a mistake. Once frozen maybe but they hold moisture the rest of the year and don't dry out. The chips I used for fill in my wood lot I payed to have dug out and hauled off. Replaced it with crushed concrete.
I'm just going to let it sit as is. Hopefully it will get cold and freeze up

Back