Wood Ministry work day 2019 version

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got a bring the hot rod 9010 may be the only time I get to try it :lol:. Just stick a 20 on it from the 79xx saws.
Found out that the decompression valve on the 9010 was an option, this one didn’t have that option. Add in the porting, being in my mid 60’s and a bad shoulder and it kicks my ass trying to yank it over. @fordf150 to the rescue again, he’s lining me up to get a decomp valve installed. The ring ain’t even seated totally so it’s gonna get stronger. Took it to my buddy’s, he’s in his 40’s and in shape. He yanked it twice and said it needed a decomp too. I’ll bring it to @farmer steve gtg in the fall.

I would like to come but the 27th is out for me. With that flat surface I'd like to bring my 8' collapsing feed table. If you have a youngin to keep the table fed you can almost reach production speeds.
6OpvjXQ.jpg

qiCeQ9h.jpg

mDmlZ8g.jpg

Hey everyone. I am sorry I haven't kept everyone up to date about this wood cutting day. With the rain, some equipment repairs and had more than a few trees donated to the wood ministry that we had to get cut up and hauled back here Ive dropped the ball. With that said, I am having the wood cutting day on Saturday May 11th. There will be about 4 and 1/2 triaxles of wood here to cut. I will have them stacked in 3 separate piles and if we have 2 people cutting per each side of the piles we can have 12 people cutting at once. Last time we did this we had numerous people here from my church helping to cut, split and stack, but honestly I think it created a little chaos. So, this time it is just going to be you wood cutting crazies doing what you do best, cut firewood. I just want to make sure you guys get to cut because it is you who is donating your time to help this ministry so I want you to be able to cut as much and as long as you'd like. Depending on how long everyone is here my wife and I will provided all the water and drinks you want and we will provide lunch. If others stay longer or you can't come until the afternoon and cut to late afternoon or evening will also provide dinner. As far as what time this gets started, well that's up to you individually. I will be up by 7AM, sop you all come when it is convenient to you. Thank you all for your interest.

If anyone can make it please let me know, that way I can make sure I have what I need for water, drinks and the such. Also, so I can know what to expect for lunch/dinner. Thanks you all!

Back