Wood Ministry work day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great! I LOVE hearing about other wood ministries!

I have 2 Christian camps that I help cut fire wood for. one near Johnson City TN that operates 4 OWB. They run thru a lot of wood. Another Camp in Wears Valley, near Townsend TN that mostly burns campfire wood. Will be cutting and splitting at the wears valley location April 28 if anyone is interested.

I am only a small part. It works well due to a small core group of men and women. Assisting them are many volunteers and groups. Our Sheriff provides inmates for labor; civic groups provide equipment; churches provide meals, workers and money; businesses provide equipment, goods and services; local business man furnishes the woodlot; the Town provides roll off services; local Food Bank determines the recipients; tree services provide logs; individuals provide trees; and many cut, split and deliver wood. It works well because the whole community benefits not just the recipients.

Ron

For any readers in the MN WI area:

I can’t make the link work (my lack of tech skill) but this is in the chainsaw forum. Western edge of WI. Great group, great equipment and organization.

Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Remember guys the Wood Ministry's wood day is next Saturday starting at 10am until you wanna quit. I should have 6 to 8 triaxles here that need processed for next years needy families. Lunch and dinner provided not sure what exactly, but we will figure something out.

My hand is in a splint. If it gets free by Saturday I'll come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Are you related to @James Miller :).

OP, what a great thing you have going on, sure wish I was closer. I'd like to find something like this near me, or to help organize it.
May God continue to bless you and all those you are serving through this ministry, to God be the glory :bowdown:.

Are you related to @James Miller :).

Not that I know of? But since my mom was a Miller and her mom was a Miller, (nope, not from WV) who knows whom I'm related to?

Not to mention there are three of us within 20 miles of East Freedom who share the same name, with no relation to each other. Can be confusing at the bank, etc.

Calling for 78 and pleasant on Saturday!

Not that I know of? But since my mom was a Miller and her mom was a Miller, (nope, not from WV) who knows whom I'm related to?

Not to mention there are three of us within 20 miles of East Freedom who share the same name, with no relation to each other. Can be confusing at the bank, etc.

Calling for 78 and pleasant on Saturday!

That's funny, didn't figure you were, but funnier things have happened.
I'm still waiting to meet one of my brothers some day, I was adopted so you never know right :).
Sounds like a heat wave:havingarest:, they were calling for 70 here on Friday, then they went down to 60 last night. As long as the sun is shining I don't care about the temp.

Hey everyone, can I get a head count of who all is coming to the Wood Ministry's wood cutting day this Saturday? Also let me know where you're coming from. Thank you.

Back