Wood Ministry work day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the wood we will be cutting, splitting and stacking. There are about 5 to 6 triaxles there now. Tomorrow morning I am having 2 more triaxles delivered so we will have plenty to process on Saturday.
By the way NUMEROUS ladies from our church will be providing lunch for everyone. If there those of you still here through dinner we will also provide that.

Attachments

• 20180412_104948.jpg
    20180412_104948.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180412_104918.jpg
    20180412_104918.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 16
Here's the wood we will be cutting, splitting and stacking. There are about 5 to 6 triaxles there now. Tomorrow morning I am having 2 more triaxles delivered so we will have plenty to process on Saturday.
By the way NUMEROUS ladies from our church will be providing lunch for everyone. If there those of you still here through dinner we will also provide that.
Great deal. Thanks.

Ok guys, well the logging truck that was to bring me 2 triaxles this morning just broke down. He was 3/4 loaded with the first load and a main hydraulic line busted. He can't even unload to go get it fixed. So I went be getting an additional 2 triaxles. I still have about 6 triaxles sitting here though that need done so hopefully that's still enough wood to keep all you chainsaw running firewood cutting crazies busy for the day and still worth your trip and time. Thank you guys I just wanted to keep you updated.

Ok everyone, those of you traveling here tomorrow to help the ministry with the wood PLEASE drive safely. My wife and I will be praying for safe travels for all of you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your willingness to give up your Saturday to help. God Bless you guys.

Did learn one valuable lesson today. Don’t take 2 saws that aren’t broke in yet and we’re semi-tuned in 40* weather. As soon as it got hot they puked. @lead farmer jumped in and offered to help. Could I have done it, yep. Could I have done it as quickly as him, nope! Thanks Rodney. The most impressive machine there was the kinetic splitter lead farmer brought. Very impressive.

Did learn one valuable lesson today. Don’t take 2 saws that aren’t broke in yet and we’re semi-tuned in 40* weather. As soon as it got hot they puked. @lead farmer jumped in and offered to help. Could I have done it, yep. Could I have done it as quickly as him, nope! Thanks Rodney. The most impressive machine there was the kinetic splitter lead farmer brought. Very impressive.
Don't be swelling my head up mister. [emoji38]

Definitely had a good time today. I'm pretty well used up right now but will survive. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First let me express my heartfelt gratitude for all of you who showed up for our work day for the Wood Ministry. Seriously guys where else can you make a post like this and complete strangers show up on the most beautiful day of the year so far and give up their day off on a Saturday to cut firewood for someone they never met??? This was incredible to me and I am humbled by the generosity and work you all have to help this Wood Ministry. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Today in about 5 hours time these guys cut up approx. 4 triaxles of wood. We were able to split and stack over 6 cords, there is about 3 more cord split but not stacked and at least probably 15 cords of rounds that need split

Attachments

• Resized_20180414_102237_710.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_102237_710.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • Resized_20180414_101624_7494.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_101624_7494.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • Resized_20180414_101637_5607.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_101637_5607.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Resized_20180414_123943_1750.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_123943_1750.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • Resized_20180414_102219_8949.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_102219_8949.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
Don't be swelling my head up mister. [emoji38]

Definitely had a good time today. I'm pretty well used up right now but will survive. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm tuckered out and I didn't do half of what this guy did.

Make sure I get notified on the next go'round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

People who give rather than receive is what makes the world STILL a good place.
Agree with that statement just a word of caution some years back the owner of the commercial logging companyI service saws for started a similar scheme for folk in need around our area fine for a couple of winters & then we found we were being conned & taken advantage of so the recipients were vetted a lot more carefully It pisses me off that people who are able to a degree or are not as needy as they make out conn caring people giving if nothing else their time & cash for gas etc some folk to idle to get their arse out of a chair & expect to be carried about You To the OP all the best with your endevers you probably have this sussed

My wife and I run a Wood Ministry where we cut, split and deliver firewood to the poor and needy for free. We have been doing this for about 7 years.
Anyway, on April 14th at our home we will be having a work day for anyone who wishes to come donate some time and sweat with cutting, splitting, stacking and possibly delivering. A friend of mine suggested posting here because someone is always looking for a reason to fire up and run their chainsaws...lol. If interested just let me know. We will provide some lunch and or dinner for all who wish to participate. We currently have about 6 to 8 people coming.

Well, well, @John Lawler I see you found a way over here! Glad you did! I didn't know you were a member and had started a thread. I guess a little more exposure can't hurt.
Did you see what I meant by the red letters? LoL~! Yeah, they can be that way! LoL~!

Latest posts

Back