Wood-Mizer LT15 Bandsaw mill - $4300 Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czeigler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
WOOD-MIZER LT15 Bandsaw mill. 15HP Kohler ( oil filter) electiic start,new battery,extra bed section. Will cut approx. 26" dia. x 16' long.( unlimited # of bed sections can be added) Cuts and runs GREAT. Very accurate.Lumber needs very little planning. Includes manuals, 10 blades ( 2-3 new, the rest were used but never re-sharpened) Wheels,tow bar, and extra levelers were added to increase mobility.( tires are not in great shape). User friendly mill to work with. Mill is set up and I will demo for you.( or you can run it ). We bought this mill to do a job in our business a while ago. The job was completed and we no longer have a use for it.( aside from people driving by and asking if we'll cut their tree into lumber for them).

01011101150301161420080425efd8a20bb0606ea39000ccfe.jpg

01150401020001160020080425a800ff68abc52ef682006f08.jpg

Damn. you shoulda been here three months ago....:monkey:

I have been thinking of buying a small mill to upgrade from my csm. Is this a fair price on this unit? What wear items do you need to check on a simple mill like this?

you ought'a buy that one for your daughter there zopi. just think, twice the production. [better make that shed bigger]

yah..gotta make it bigger anyway...buyin' a tractor and backhoe over the next couple weeks.

heh...stealin' it is a better term...94 Long 2360 w/700 hours, a 72" bushhog
finish mower 3 bottom plow and a fixerupper sprayer....$5500

New taylor backhoe fer $3500...mama wants a new foundation under the house

yah..gotta make it bigger anyway...buyin' a tractor and backhoe over the next couple weeks.

heh...stealin' it is a better term...94 Long 2360 w/700 hours, a 72" bushhog
finish mower 3 bottom plow and a fixerupper sprayer....$5500

I'm starting to see those Longs forsale CHEAP around here.... Now that the company is bankrupt and pretty much gone, parts may be an issue in the future, and no one wants an orphan...

No offence, but they weren't exactly a high quality tractor in the first place....

Rob

I have been thinking of buying a small mill to upgrade from my csm. Is this a fair price on this unit? What wear items do you need to check on a simple mill like this?

Well, I'm not an expert on the "bigger ones", even though this is a small one; I'd make sure the bearings on the wheels are good, and the tension mechanism will get the blades TIGHT, and that they track right, and adjust okay. Check the rollers on the bottom of the carriage, that they roll straight. Engine problems are easier to fix, IMHO, but make sure that it starts easily & everything; carb problems can always be fixed, but make sure it runs smooth otherwise. Hope you get it; I'm jealous if you do.

Hey zopi; congrats on the new tractor, no matter what kind it is. A tractor is a tractor!! I can't wait til I get my own place; I decided at almost 30 to go back to school, so I'm a renter for a while more.....just 2 more years of school. I'll probably be at least 35 before I become a homeowner though DOH!.

I'm starting to see those Longs forsale CHEAP around here.... Now that the company is bankrupt and pretty much gone, parts may be an issue in the future, and no one wants an orphan...

No offence, but they weren't exactly a high quality tractor in the first place....

Rob

Parts are not too difficult to find...there are alot of crossovers...

I must say, however that the executive echelon at Farmtrac...uhhhh...sucks.

for the light work I will do with it...I doubt it will be much of a problem..

Hey zopi; congrats on the new tractor, no matter what kind it is. A tractor is a tractor!! I can't wait til I get my own place; I decided at almost 30 to go back to school, so I'm a renter for a while more.....just 2 more years of school. I'll probably be at least 35 before I become a homeowner though DOH!.

Thanks..I'll finally have something that will turn my flail mower...maybe I can get ahead of the bloody vegetation here...I've got some Va creeper that can outrun a slow chicken....

i got introduced to a long tractor the at the same time as a frick sawmill. an older gentleman who sawed in his back yard. ain't gonna say how long ago [sounds like the rest of us, don't it?] had a front end loader on it. pick up any log we hauled in...........how many tractors that make there zopi?

i got introduced to a long tractor the at the same time as a frick sawmill. an older gentleman who sawed in his back yard. ain't gonna say how long ago [sounds like the rest of us, don't it?] had a front end loader on it. pick up any log we hauled in...........how many tractors that make there zopi?

Three...the Long (gonna pick it up tomorrow I hope..) a '49 Farmall C (can't run a place without a Farmall) and a Oliver Super 55, which will very shortly be for sale. contrary to popular belief, one can have too many tractors..

That old C should be close 3000 pounds wet weight with 18hp. Try to find a tractor today with that much iron in that hp class. It is one great machine.

That old C should be close 3000 pounds wet weight with 18hp. Try to find a tractor today with that much iron in that hp class. It is one great machine.

yeah it is...it's got a hydraulic three point that the original owner put on it..it's a little beast with a two bottom plow. So is the Oliver...

wood mizer

Hello,
you have what I am looking for, however, I am in Montana, and you are in PA? Is that correct? Is it possible (price effective) to ship this to MT? If you have any ideas please advise. Thank you.
Jim Lueders
406-529-6919
[email protected]

I'm new to posting but lt15....

I'm new to posting but would like to know if the mill is still available--i;ve been looking at buying this exact model--I have land in ny that has sawmill written all over it... Peter 203-235-5688 or cell 203-314-5714--call me

WOOD-MIZER LT15 Bandsaw mill. 15HP Kohler ( oil filter) electiic start,new battery,extra bed section. Will cut approx. 26" dia. x 16' long.( unlimited # of bed sections can be added) Cuts and runs GREAT. Very accurate.Lumber needs very little planning. Includes manuals, 10 blades ( 2-3 new, the rest were used but never re-sharpened) Wheels,tow bar, and extra levelers were added to increase mobility.( tires are not in great shape). User friendly mill to work with. Mill is set up and I will demo for you.( or you can run it ). We bought this mill to do a job in our business a while ago. The job was completed and we no longer have a use for it.( aside from people driving by and asking if we'll cut their tree into lumber for them).

I'm new to posting but would like to know if the mill is still available--i;ve been looking at buying this exact model--I have land in ny that has sawmill written all over it... Peter 203-235-5688 or cell 203-314-5714--call me

http://images.craigslist.org/01011101150301161420080425efd8a20bb0I'm new to posting but would like to know if the mill is still available--i;ve been looking at buying this exact model--I have land in ny that has sawmill written all over it... Peter 203-235-5688 or cell 203-314-5714--call me

606ea39000ccfe.jpg

This was not mine, just a post I came across on craigslist.

Hello Is this Wood-Mizer still for sale if so I'm interested. 724-528-1366...........

Is your Wood-mizer still for sale? I'm interested. Call me Deb @724-528-1366

01011101150301161420080425efd8a20bb0606ea39000ccfe.jpg

Latest posts

Back