Wood Mizer seller backed out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yes, I spent 3-4 hours on the phone with James last week. Finally agreed to the 28K he was asking for the LT40 WM saw. So I spent half the day at the bank Fri afternoon being interrogated. Loan was approved, I called James to tell him I would be up the next morning. He said he had good news and bad news. I said well what's the bad news, he said I won't have a tractor to load any logs until Sunday evening. So wait and come any day next week. The good news is the saw is yours, I promise I won't sell it to anyone else until you see it run. You've got first shot at it. I said that's great, I'll see you Tuesday morning. He sent me a text this afternoon, said he's not selling the saw....

It's still listed on CL in Brunswick GA still for 28K, and elsewhere throughout the southeast through a broker for more....

Although it is somewhat pi***ng off the way you've been treated it is probably for the best & a purchase from a "genuine" seller will serve you better

Although it is somewhat pi***ng off the way you've been treated it is probably for the best & a purchase from a "genuine" seller will serve you better

Yes, I was pretty upset when I first read his text, for about 10 minutes. But then I realized as a Christian that if it were meant for me to have "that saw", then I would have gotten it. There is something better for me in the future. A better deal, a better saw, a different path. I don't know yet....

That's the thing about brokers. I used to have a pretty good collection of Mopar Muscle cars. Every time I put one up for sale, about two days later I'd start to get calls from brokers that said they could get me more. Only problem is they wanted an exclusive contract for 90 days. I couldn't sell the car to a friend or relative without paying their commission, and if the car didn't sell for their inflated price, I was out 90 days of my time. The only reason I ever sold any of my cars was a need for the money, NOW. That's why I had them priced to sell, Joe.

That's the thing about brokers. I used to have a pretty good collection of Mopar Muscle cars. Every time I put one up for sale, about two days later I'd start to get calls from brokers that said they could get me more. Only problem is they wanted an exclusive contract for 90 days. I couldn't sell the car to a friend or relative without paying their commission, and if the car didn't sell for their inflated price, I was out 90 days of my time. The only reason I ever sold any of my cars was a need for the money, NOW. That's why I had them priced to sell, Joe.
The guy I was dealing with said another guy had previously been promising him money for like 2 weeks, but kept coming up with excuses why he couldn't be there. Finally he told the guy he new he was running a scam (the broker) and that he was trying to sell the saw for more money and pay him out of the proceeds and to take a hike. I had seen the ad in at least 6-10 different CL ads and told the guy so, when I first contacted him.

I called the supposed Broker, and asked about the saw, he didn't have it but it was "available"....I told him the seller knew he was running a scam.

The guy I was dealing with said another guy had previously been promising him money for like 2 weeks, but kept coming up with excuses why he couldn't be there. Finally he told the guy he new he was running a scam (the broker) and that he was trying to sell the saw for more money and pay him out of the proceeds and to take a hike. I had seen the ad in at least 6-10 different CL ads and told the guy so, when I first contacted him.

I called the supposed Broker, and asked about the saw, he didn't have it but it was "available"....I told him the seller knew he was running a scam.

This may all be true, but it does not explain why the “Seller” backed out.

“But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay”

Latest posts

Back