Wood/oil combo or wood stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal8809

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this site.

I current heat with an Outdoor wood boiler which is hooked up to a water ro air hx as i have forced hot air. I do not have a backup furnace in the house in the event the owb craps out. I do have a small soapstone wood stove in kitchen but does not heat the back rooms very well.(2,800 sq ft house). When we bought huh ouse had an old wood oil combo in basement that cooked us loved it, but hx on it cracked thats when i went to owb. But i want a backup and would like to burn wood also incase power goes out and im at work doing long jours and wife wont need to deal woth generator.

Why not fix the oil burner? Then you can run you OWB and if it goes out the oil will kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not fix the oil burner? Then you can run you OWB and if it goes out the oil will kick on.

Wouldn’t he need power for the oil to kick in? I understand the lack of whole house heating efficiency with a stove, but it’s really the only way you can safely maintain a fire in a house without power.

Or upgrade to an auto start generator, with auto transfer switch. Then the wife doesn’t have to mess with it.

Wouldn’t he need power for the oil to kick in? I understand the lack of whole house heating efficiency with a stove, but it’s really the only way you can safely maintain a fire in a house without power.

Or upgrade to an auto start generator, with auto transfer switch. Then the wife doesn’t have to mess with it.

Didn’t pay attention to the no power part.

Latest posts

Back