Wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Guess i have plenty of splitting entertainment ahead. Plus i still have several large removals on the schedule.Hope i can sell it this winter.

Thats alot of wood....looks good..:biggrinbounce2: how are your splitters working out?

mactel said:
David what are you dropping the wood onto in the first pick?

Thats a roll of 3/8" thick nylon works great Water runs right ou of it.It also keeps the wood out of the dirt.

I don't care if my firewood gets dirty. I'm just burning it! My firewood isn't for show. But I would be thinking about putting it over the wood pile. I'm not trying to be smart about it.. Is it a big deal if it gets dirty?

Scott76 said:
I don't care if my firewood gets dirty. I'm just burning it! My firewood isn't for show. But I would be thinking about putting it over the wood pile. I'm not trying to be smart about it.. Is it a big deal if it gets dirty?

My firewood is for sale so it is for show.Plus the nylon keeps the bugs out.

Check mine out - the long stack varies from 4.5' to 5.5', and is 200+' long, cut at 18", and is two rows deep. The piles are usually 3-5 cords, just depends how it got there. I think there's about 70-80 cords in the picture, and we've got a decent bit more than that inside, split and ready...

DDM said:
My firewood is for sale so it is for show.Plus the nylon keeps the bugs out.

ok, after b!tchin about the guys I bought wood from in another post I would be pleased to buy from you!! admirable.

Hey Bottlefed were neighbors! (kind of) I'm east of you down Highway 50 in Tipton. How much are planning on selling a cord for this fall? I'm trying to get some wood dropped this fall for the local market and I think if gas stays high wood will sell pretty good.

Mr. Dodge, I know wood will sell great this year, no doubt about it. Mine is pretty much all already spoken for... If you ever have a bunch you need to SELL, let me know... You do tree work down there??

I only do tree work on my 80 acres and my fathers 160 ;) Just a hillbilly with a chainsaw and pickup. But I enjoy the site and try to add to it when I can. I wont have much for sale this year but I have hopes for next year getting going pretty good. My location is what hurts me the most being an hour from anywhere with a population over 5,000 and fuel being what it is I'm not gonna drive to your neck of the woods.

Do you do firewood fulltime or do you have help part time cause that is one serious stack of wood ya got there!

Last edited:
bottlefed89 said:
Check mine out - the long stack varies from 4.5' to 5.5', and is 200+' long, cut at 18", and is two rows deep. The piles are usually 3-5 cords, just depends how it got there. I think there's about 70-80 cords in the picture, and we've got a decent bit more than that inside, split and ready...

I think thats the most wood i have seen yet.

lovetheoutdoors said:
I think thats the most wood i have seen yet.
Hmmmmmm
attachment.php

Danng DDM. Whose is that?? I wish I did that much, but I still run my tree service, so it's all I can do to do what I have. I'm getting a new splitter next week, I'll have to put some pics up. 34horse kubota...

Yup i saw it! just forgot to reply.He has some cool stuff wunder how many cords he's moving a yr?

Back