"Wood Saver" Brand wood stove. Looking for information. Help please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viet_Vet

Reaction score
Greetings all. I am new to the forums here, and this is my first post. I need help.

View attachment 201568

I have this stove installed in one of my rental properties. All I know is that it says "Wood Saver tm" on the front doors. It was in the house when I bought it 10 years ago, works well, and I've never had a problem or complaint about it.

The tenants insurance company won't isse a renters policy until I provide them with more information about the stove. There is nothing to identify the stove (UL tag, serial number, NOTHING!) other than the words "Wood Saver" and the TM trade mark next to these words.

I've Googled it, and can't find anything. Is anyone out there familier with this brand, and if so, can you please provide me with links or info?

Thanks for your help.

Strictly by appearance, it appears to be closely patterned after a Fisher stove. If you search for and find the story on Fisher stoves, you will find a section on companies that made near exact copies, which yours appear to be.

To satisfy the ins. co. there normally needs to be a tag affixed to the unit that show it has passed testing for safety UL391.
Without the proof of testing I'm afraid your in for a bitter fight where you'll loose...although some ins. co. may just be satisfied with it being installed to code.

Strictly by appearance, it appears to be closely patterned after a Fisher stove. If you search for and find the story on Fisher stoves, you will find a section on companies that made near exact copies, which yours appear to be.

Going by appearance, I too will say its a Fisher stove. Now just need to know what the insurance company wants as for information. I am going to put a wood insert in my new house and contacted the insurance company about it and was told as long as it is installed properly they don't really care what I put in.

A trademark search for woodsaver bring up this

Typed Drawing
Word Mark WOODSAVER
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 011. US 034. G & S: Woodburning Stoves. FIRST USE: 19800812. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19800827
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 73279620
Filing Date September 29, 1980
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition July 21, 1981
Registration Number 1173098
Registration Date October 13, 1981
Owner (REGISTRANT) Potter Woodsaver Stove Company, Inc. CORPORATION OREGON 680 "F" St. Eastside OREGON 97420
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Cheryl L. Hodgson
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date April 23, 1988

Back