Wood sheds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are still burning, mostly at night.
Going through a lot of the homemade fire starters this time of year.
Cardboard egg cartons, drier lint, and old candles remnants melted down.
Finished using up a short row from the wood shed. The cleated on edge 2" x 4" base is easily removed for accessing the next row.
It's stored for when we replenish and stack again. Easily altered if we change how we do things.
I think I'd like to make it a pull through wood shed for the quad and stack on both sides.
The posts are 4" x 4" x 8'. Start a hole with the post hole auger, pour in water to help remove the sandy hour glass soil.
We also burn the cut offs and junk wood from processing. It is collected in rowpacks until there is enough to bundle on pallets, and seasoned for a year.
The junk wood doesn't stack so bundling works well. I'm guessing we collect about three cord per year that we burn in Nov./Dec., until it's gone. Then haul out of the wood shed.
I much prefer this style base vs walking on deteriorating pallets with multiple rows stacked on them.
Emptying the rowpacks was on my "to do list" yesterday. Emptied three and a half to make two bundles.
IMG_4785.jpgIMG_4786.jpgIMG_4787.jpgIMG_4793.jpg

Back