Wood Splitter Picture Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28ui6nn.jpg

I'm calling BS on that round. It has to be photoshopped. No arborists I know can make anything like parallel cuts. That one is only out by about what looks like 4". Impossible.

:)

I'm calling BS on that round. It has to be photoshopped. No arborists I know can make anything like parallel cuts. That one is only out by about what looks like 4". Impossible.

:)
18jcj8.jpg
working with big wood is a everyday thing the pic on the splitter is London plain that's not a photo shopped you dont know me

As always, nice pictures Tom... I'd like to see that go through your splitter... I'll be she really grunts. ;-)

Is that a stock TW slip-on wedge or custom? I'm loving the steps and separators on it. Like someone has put some thought into it. Looks like by the time a round could bind on any table below it, there is no beam or table close enough to constrain it.

Anybody ever use a gear or pulley system on a small engine say around 5-6 hp to run a splitter pump that required a engine a lot bigger. Or even just to keep the engine at a lower rpm? Instead of a direct drive lovejoy connection between pump n motor?

Anybody ever use a gear or pulley system on a small engine say around 5-6 hp to run a splitter pump that required a engine a lot bigger. Or even just to keep the engine at a lower rpm? Instead of a direct drive lovejoy connection between pump n motor?
Most pumps used on log splitters are not designed for the side load caused by a pulley setup. The pulley ratios needed to get enough torque would also slow the gpm of the pump.
like trip said, if you are referring to a two stage pump like most splitters use.... if you are talking single stage from something like an old implement or tractor, it is doable but HP is always a limiting factor. theres no way to change that. but if you have a 20 gpm pump from a garbage truck laying around and possibly an old 8hp snowblower motor, it could be done. you would end up settling for a slow cycle time though or you would have to turn the pressure down on your system to a point where the relief would open as the motor is slowly pulling down to the point of dying. that being said, you also would have to know what the max rpm of the pump is before hand. some BIG pto style pumps only spin at 500-1000 rpms. something to consider. i did read a thread where a guy used an H farmall motor through a reversed transmission to increase the speed of the output but it was still direct shaft driven IIRC

HTC one 041.jpg the biggest log round i have had on my splitter was 15 inches. i didn't take pictures of it splitting that log but one day i'll get a round to taking pictures while i'm working

Latest posts

Back