Wood stove questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a King wood stove from Nothern Tool last year. It was on sale for $499. It’s undersized for my house but I have been very impressed with the heat output. I’m heating a very well insulated 2900 sqft two story. It heats another 1000 sqft in the basement where the stove is too. My furnace won’t kick in at all if I’m home enough to keep a really good bed of coals. My upstairs bedrooms get cool though. Usually have enough coals to start another fire in the morning. Anyway the firebox is pretty small and I try to put as much as I can in there. I know it’s my fault but I have broke a few of the heat deflectors that sit at the top of the firebox. They are square and made out of a fire proof material. They are not cheap. There are two of them and it’s about $140 to have news ones shipped to me. So here is my question. A buddy of mine has a plasma table. Can I just have him cut me some 3/8 steel the same size and use that? Even if I loose a little in heating performance. Just wanting to make sure I wouldn’t have a safety issue. Thank for the answers.

Scott

Latest posts

Back