Wooden Locks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny580

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place to post this,--- but I have been messing around a little with wooden locks.--here are a couple crude ones, and yes they do work! thanks; sonny580

Attachments

• IMG_1187 wood locks-1.jpg
    IMG_1187 wood locks-1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1188 wood locks-2.jpg
    IMG_1188 wood locks-2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1189 wood locks-3.jpg
    IMG_1189 wood locks-3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 34
Don't know if this is the right place to post this,--- but I have been messing around a little with wooden locks.--here are a couple crude ones, and yes they do work! thanks; sonny580

Those are differenter than I have seen. Now I have an idea how the old cabinet maker felt/thought when he looked at my 14" piano hinge made from red oak. The knuckles are 3/4" diameter with 1/8" pin. Most of my work was done on a router table. It was out side his experience so was clueless as how it is done.
That is my view of your work. Wood you offer any hints or instructions?
Thanks for letting us see those locks.

I found some free plans on the internet and since I had never done locks, decided to try some.--These look right at home with my wood chains, so I am going to try a few more, maybe some different ones, too.
I have seen the hinges that you mentioned, and they are very neat looking!
I made 7 wooden chains, with hooks about 4' long 30 some years ago and wife still has them!---I did the router job on them and I may do a couple new ones IF the time permits! thanks; sonny580

Back