Woodland Pro pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options for pants as of now. Which are:

-Husqvarna Technical Pants $230
-PFanner Ventilation pants(black) $299
-ArborWear Ironwood Pants. $250 but got a promo code so I can get them for $225.
I am sure that they all will do the job fine, but its Operator error that is the biggest problem so regardless of which you choose, just make sure to use it. The military in study after study has found that the biggest problem with PPE is getting the Marines to wear it. IE operator error.

Ken

I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options for pants as of now. Which are:

-Husqvarna Technical Pants $230
-PFanner Ventilation pants(black) $299
-ArborWear Ironwood Pants. $250 but got a promo code so I can get them for $225.

After this thread I’m thinking about buying the Pfanner gladiator extreme. Zippered vent in the back but better for thick brush and thorns. Maybe see if baileys can order them in long so they aren’t too high water. I need 36 inseam but best I see is 34

I am sure that they all will do the job fine, but its Operator error that is the biggest problem so regardless of which you choose, just make sure to use it. The military in study after study has found that the biggest problem with PPE is getting the Marines to wear it. IE operator error.

Ken

Right I have confidence all 3 will be fine for my application. And your right, gotta wear them in order for them to do there job. Accidents only take a split second to happen. I have been in several car accidents and each one of them everything was fine one second and the next the wreck was done and over, super fast. Chainsaw accident can be the same. Something you don't see that causes an accident, etc.

I have the arborwear chainsaw pants. I bought them a few weeks back and have only worn them twice. They seem to be well made, fit true to size and don’t seem too restrictive in movement. They do weigh quite a bit (don’t notice it too much when wearing them) and they might be overbearing in the summer heat, but they are really nice in our current weather here in Ohio. They have zipper vents in the back though.

I have the arborwear chainsaw pants. I bought them a few weeks back and have only worn them twice. They seem to be well made, fit true to size and don’t seem too restrictive in movement. They do weigh quite a bit (don’t notice it too much when wearing them) and they might be overbearing in the summer heat, but they are really nice in our current weather here in Ohio. They have zipper vents in the back though.

Is it there Ironwood ones? If so does it seem they will hold up for ground use? They seem to be for climbers but I don’t climb. Just a firewood guy and my butt on the ground.

Are they gray or black. Some pics they look gray, others they look black.

I am leaning towards the ironwoods over the PFanners right now.

Is it there Ironwood ones? If so does it seem they will hold up for ground use? They seem to be for climbers but I don’t climb. Just a firewood guy and my butt on the ground.

Are they gray or black. Some pics they look gray, others they look black.

I am leaning towards the ironwoods over the PFanners right now.

Yes, ironwood model. The color is a dark grey/granite. They are geared towards tree guys, but that’s a good thing! Good movement in them and nice little features. I’m content with the build construction. They have heavy duty patches in all the common wear spots and they materials seem pretty tough. I mainly bought these for my ground guy (he nicked himself with a saw a few weeks back, so I don’t wanna have anything like that happen again).

Yes, ironwood model. The color is a dark grey/granite. They are geared towards tree guys, but that’s a good thing! Good movement in them and nice little features. I’m content with the build construction. They have heavy duty patches in all the common wear spots and they materials seem pretty tough. I mainly bought these for my ground guy (he nicked himself with a saw a few weeks back, so I don’t wanna have anything like that happen again).

Awesome. Thank you for the input. A guy on eBay sent me a link to them from another site and they are $190 for the ironwoods so I am going to order when I get home.

Thanks everyone for all the input on different pants and options. Much appreciated. Guy on Youtube sent me a link to the Arborwear Ironwoods. Normally they are $250.00. I had a 10% off promo code which would have made them $225. The link the guy sent me had the Ironwoods for $190.00 plus like $11.00 shipping which made it $201.00. I then was able to use the 10% promo code I had so I got them out the door for $182.55 so I went ahead and sealed the deal.

Latest posts

Back