Woods ported 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This part of the forum doesn't get much action, so I thought I'd put up the 372 I just finished. Not professional ported but it does pretty good.
Painted some aftermarket cases black and installed Nachi bearings and a OEM crank. I didn't take many pics so this will be short.

KIMG1215.JPG

Looks like it cuts pretty good. I've never made my ports as wide as you did. What's the compression at?

I don't remember if you have a lathe or not but if you ever want some machine work done I'd do it for cheap. Can take a lot off the base on a 372 cylinder.

Looks like it cuts pretty good. I've never made my ports as wide as you did. What's the compression at?
The exhaust it about 65% of the bore, it's doesn't look as wide in real life as it does in the pic. I didn't check the compression but I would guess around 190lbs. I have a lathe and the base was cut, it's been on and off the saw then cleaned up with scotchbrite is why it doesn't look fresh cut.

Your title said woods port so assumed no machine work was done. What did you numbers end up at? 160psi is good. Doesn't take high compression to make a strong saw.

I sorry, I thought woods port meant anything but an all out pro port job. I used 100-120-79. I cut the base awhile ago and can't remember how much I took off, it wasn't much. I just cut a popup in a 268 non windowed piston for it. I figured I'd start at .040 and adjust from there. I'll need to put a gasket on it to get the squish right.

I'm not sure what the exact meaning is. I have this conversation before with someone and we both had different meanings for the term. I always thought it meant widening of the ports only. Either way the saw runs good. Thanks for sharing.

@Duce if I can bump the compression I will :rock:

I have 372's down pretty good now. But they're also not too hard to make run well. Numbers wise pretty similar to Ronie's

This saw I went out of the box for me. Kinda threw together parts I had laying around. She's pretty hot. I don't remember compression but its not more than 170. It's a 50mm oem cylinder with a meteor 268 windowed piston with a .030 pop up. I also Took .040 off the squish band. Can't remember what came off the base but I'm thinking the same as the band cut. Numbers are 98 118 86. The intake duration is something I never do on a 372 but it worked out.

It's now getting a .050 popup, I ended up JBwelding the intake to raise the floor because the 268 piston skirt is way shorter the the 372 piston. It also tightened the squish to .019 from .022. That should give me a little more compression. Waiting on the JBWeld to cure now.

KIMG1234.JPG

Back