Woodsman Pro and Other Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently found out what everyone else already knew, that Bailey`s Woodsman Pro bars are made by Cannon. Very respectable. Now who makes their chain and is it any good?Surprisingly the loop prices look more competitive than bulk prices:confused: I know all about Stihl chain so I don`t want to start that debate here, but I am wondering about Carlton, which I haven`t used in many years, or any others such as Saber or Laser from Cutters Choice. Oregon mareketing has bben strong enough in my area that many people don`t even know of the existence of the other brands. I know of the existence but the price of Oregon has been low enough to keep me loyal. I`m wondering if Oregon has degraded to the extent that some here have stated and I just don`t realize it because I haven`t been using others. I can`t even think of a local Carlton dealer, but I would travel to get it if you guys are having good luck with it. What do you guys think? Russ

Hey Jokers ..... Believe me and buy oregon or stihl chain, Carltons justpure and utter crap.....but if you like i'll send you a half dozen loops for just the postage....but remember to stock up on files, dont know of anyone who's managed to keep them sharp....good luck

I am pretty sure Carlton makes Bailey's chain. I have found Carlton chain to be good chain but have not used enough of it to be an expert. There just is'nt anybody around here who sells it. If you want more info on carlton chain get in contact with Ross Blanton at [email protected]

Thanks for the replies. For some reason, I`ve got it my head also the Carlton makes Bailey`s chain. Nobody sells Carlton around here either, but I thought if I got some rave reviews I would hunt some down. I`m going to order a few loops from Bailey`s just for kicks. I`ve also got it on good word that the Laser chain from Cutters Choice is very good. Marty Tremper from Chainsaw World tells me that he likes it so much, he uses it in competition and the woods. Gonna try some a that too! Russ

When I worked for a local municipality, they used Lazer chain (had a 'Z' on the side). This was because it was the CHEAPEST chain they could get! Dunno if we just had a few bad rolls or what, but it was total crap. The final machining was never even, and a chain wasn't broken in good until it had a few cutter teeth snapped off- usually by the second day of use. Didn't hold an edge for sh*t, either.:(

Back