Woodsman Pro Chain (Baileys)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has any tried Bailey's Woodsman Pro Chain? It's three or four dollars cheaper/loop (20)) than oregon. I tried a couple of slices thru some cherry tonight. I don't know, being Friday and all, I'll have to try it tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I bought two loops of Baileys WP chain. It is Carlton chain. It seems to be built kinda loose, the loops sag as much or more than the one I took off the saw (straighten loop out hold it "flat" then pick up the ends) seem like the rivets could be spun a little more. I didn't notice any performance difference on my Jonsered 49SP but I haven't cut enough to be able to comment on its durability. Baileys (Carlton) also lacks a "wear limit" line which comes in handy a reference line for free-hand filing. For the extra few dollars I think I'll buy Oregon next time.

I've made several cuts w/oregon chain and it 's still as prickly as a catus. Sharper now than the out of the box Baileys chain. Fixable of course but whose got time? You'd expect (hope) an out of the box chain to be ready to go. livenlearn

Marty, The chain you and I were talking about was from Madsens, not Baileys. The two for one deal from Madsens is on ANY loops even if they're different, pay for the higher priced loop,lower price loop is free. I got two loops of Oregon chisel chain from them and am very happy with them on the 064. Even though the Baileys chain isn't as good as Oregon the two loops I got will probably last forever with the occasional use the 49SP gets.

Latest posts

Back