Work is pilling up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You certainly dont want 3-5 foot sections of knotted junk!

True those big forks are hard to work up into firewood. I have a guy that runs a mill and if I get big forks he will come look at them and he sometimes takes them. He even pays me for them. Otherwise I'll use them for a burning stump and have my own outside fire. If there dry they will burn for a week or more. My horse will stand in the smoke to keep the flys off her. (silly horse)We like our outdoor fire year round, even in the heat. We just move back accordingly.

I split wood today in full sun 3.5 hours not a big problem.
Every day I work on firewood it’s full sun. Just ran the saw a little over 3 hours today. You’re right, it’s not a big deal if you’re prepared and smart about it but working in the heat does suck. Feels like temp was 105 when I stopped. My clothes looked like I just got out of the pool.

Every day I work on firewood it’s full sun. Just ran the saw a little over 3 hours today. You’re right, it’s not a big deal if you’re prepared and smart about it but working in the heat does suck. Feels like temp was 105 when I stopped. My clothes looked like I just got out of the pool.
Just got in now and cooling off with watermelon. It aint no fun.

I love watermelon, but they sure are expensive here. Last one I bought was about the size of a volleyball and cost me $9 "on sale"

I hate watermelon. My dad use to grow them every year and we had so many that we would just cut the heart out and throw the rest to the chickens or horses. We can get them for a dollar a piece from road side sellers.We ate so many when I was a kid that I never will eat one again.

I hate watermelon. My dad use to grow them every year and we had so many that we would just cut the heart out and throw the rest to the chickens or horses. We can get them for a dollar a piece from road side sellers.We ate so many when I was a kid that I never will eat one again.

Bought 1 yesterday, was $1 a pound.

Went to Home Depot and picked up 2 outdoor vapor lights and put them up so I can see better at night. Been doing the cutting in the early morning and late evenings and splitting at night. It's feels a good 20 degrees cooler at night then during the day.I'll just have to work the night shift till it cools down.

Went to Home Depot and picked up 2 outdoor vapor lights and put them up so I can see better at night. Been doing the cutting in the early morning and late evenings and splitting at night. It's feels a good 20 degrees cooler at night then during the day.I'll just have to work the night shift till it cools down.

LED

Latest posts

Back